Search

4 LADIES-HILTON HEADISLAND-1 WEEK'S VACATION

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 LADIES-HILTON HEADISLAND-1 WEEK'S VACATION

WE'LL BE THER NOVEMBER 11 - 18, 2006.
WOULD APPRECIATE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO SEE AND DO, WHAT'S NOT TO BE MISSED; AND WHAT'S NOT WORTH ALL THE HYPE. WE WILL HAVE A CAR AND ARE NOT AFRAID TO DRIVE DISTANCES FOR WORTHWHILE THINGS. SINCE THERE ARE 4 OF US INTERESTS ARE DIVERSE, BUT SPORTS ARE THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST. TOURS, LOCAL CULTURE, DINING, EVENINGS OUT, LOCAL HISTORY/MUSEUMS, AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU THINK 4 OLD BROADS MIGHT ENJOY (WE'RE NOT SHY-WE ENJOY A GOOD TIME, BUT WE ARE "LADIES")
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 02:51 PM

Do you know you are SHOUTING!?!?

There is so much info on this forum for Hilton Head. Have you done any research? Just type in Hilton Head in the search box and read away. Come back with specific questions.
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 02:56 PM

I agree, the SHOUTING isn't so nice.

Why on earth would you pick Hilton Head for a destination if "sports are at the bottom of the list?"

Day trips to Beaufort & Savannah would be good for you.
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 03:26 PM

Most people go to Hilton Head to hang out and relax, spend time on the beach in the summer and golf and play tennis all year round. If you aren't interested in sports, then you probably want to shop and sight-see?

Lots of shops on the island and an outlet mall just as you leave the island. To see more than condo complexes, shops and restaurants, you probably need to go off island.

Strange thing - Fodor's has a really good Destination Guide at the tab at the top of this screen. Good ideas of things to see and do - including starred Fodor's Choice.

If you are going to be there for a week in Nov. and aren't going to golf or play tennis, then day trips are in order.

Savannah
Beaufort
Charleston
* Bluffton
* Brookgreen Gardens
Daufuskie Island

Here are some more ideas from a HH website -
http://www.hhisleinfo.com/what%20to%20do.htm
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Original Poster

sorry about the shouting - i'm assuming that typing in caps is shoutng. thanks for the tips - i like personal insights i don't always trust published travel book recommendations - been burned.

thanks again
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 04:08 PM

One thing about Fodors - it seems they incorporate "our" suggestions in their guidebooks
Old Feb 15th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Original Poster

thanks starrsville - i'll keep that in mind when getting tour books
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 03:18 PM

I just moved to the Bluffton/Hilton Head area and love it! Moved from Ft. Lauderdale and miss the beaches and great choices for shopping. However, I absolutely love the South and hearing lovely southern accents for a change. People are very polite here, too.

For seafood dinner, try Hudson's off 278 just as you get onto HHI (Hilton Head Island.) TIP: Dont stop at the first place that says "Hudson" because that's a place just to buy raw seafood. Go a little farther down the road and you'll see a sign for Hudson's Restaurant. The seafood is great and the prices aren't through the roof.

November will be a great time to visit this area. Evenings are cool but it's still warm enough in the daytime to go out and "play"

For serious shopping, plan a day in Savannah. They have several good malls and wonderful history to explore. Take a tour and you'll get a good taste of the area.

HHI has loads of independently owned shops if you aren't into the mall scene.

Don't forget to plan a nice day in Charleston and take a boat trip. It's beautiful there and I can't wait until the weather warms up a little so I can go there for a nice visit and catch a boat in the harbor. Last time I was there it rained and poor me had to just visit shops and restaurants! I had a great day going in and out of the shops.

You'll have a great, relaxing visit in this area.