Reload this Page >

4 Dinners in New York

Search

4 Dinners in New York

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 1998, 11:43 AM
lin delamaine

4 Dinners in New York

We will be in New York for four evenings in May and are looking for four dinners: intimate spots, very good food, midtown location, around $125 for two. Any suggestions

Old Apr 21st, 1998, 12:22 PM
Mark

Its been a couple of years since we were there, but Ferrier's, on one of the E. 60's, is a charming little French bistro. Not very expensive and wonderful bistro food. Worth looking for!

Old Apr 21st, 1998, 04:07 PM
ellen

I am going to try to hyperlink you a web site for restaurants in NYC. If it doesn't work, e-mail me back directly and I will try again.

Old Apr 21st, 1998, 05:30 PM
Mary

You must go to the Rainbow Room on top of Rockefeller Center. Not only will you have the most romantic dinner, but dancing with the "big band" sound as well. It will be a night you will never forget! Make sure you request a window seat, if not available, arrive 1/2 hour prior to your reservation time. Reservations are a must, but reserve now! If you don't dine anywhere else, make sure this place is on your agenda. Have a wonderful time, I can't wait to go back!!

Old Apr 22nd, 1998, 06:28 PM
Dean Hicks

Go to Sardi's. Right next to Time Square and theatres. You will NOT regret it. Check out their web site @ sardis.com. We were there in Dec. I will
go back, and if you are lucky, you will see LOTS
of famous people, possibility sitting right beside
you having supper, just like you. The other is
Tavern on the Green. Unbelievable. Check out their web site also. Have fun.

Old Apr 28th, 1998, 03:07 PM
Karen

Pappagalos is a very interesting place. Maybe not quite what you want though. It isn't as expensive as you'd like, and has something like 36 varieties of brick oven pizzas. I think it has other things, but the pizzas are to die for! You can look out at the street and the horse and carraiges. E-mail me for more!

Old Apr 28th, 1998, 04:14 PM
michael

As a New Yorker, I agree with some of the above, although they are heavily on the tourist trail. Rainbow Room is extraordinary, but it will run a lot more than $125 for two. Tavern on the green for setting ONLY, not for food or service.

My favorites right now are Asia de Cuba, a super cool and delicious restaurant featuring "fusion" cuisine of those two regions. It is excellent and well worth the effort. Madison and 35th area. Book way ahead. March, a restaurant on Sutton Place, is a winner for a great romantic meal. Jo-Jo is one of Jean Georges Vongerichten's show-stoppers from a few years ago. I have heard the food is still superb, but now you can get in. My VERY STRONG advice, though, is to book now. It is next to impossible to get into many places these days!