3 weeks in Hawaii

Jul 7th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Original Poster

3 weeks in Hawaii

Need itineray for 3 weeks in Hawaii 1/6 thru 1/31
Jul 7th, 2007, 10:02 AM

Hi, p - do you have an idea of what you'd like to do or see? For example, if you want to see an active volcano, hit the Big Island. Do you want to be near a large city or on a beautiful beach - helicopter tour, luau, etc.? If you give everyone an idea of what your interests are, you'll get a lot of suggestions. We've done Maui, Kauai and the BI - enjoyed them all and would still like to do Oahu.
Jul 11th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Original Poster

We have rented a 1 bedroom condo on the beach in Maui for 1 week. We are possibly cruising for 1 week. It's on NCI-Hawaii and includes Hilo, Kona, Kaiui, Maui. Starts in Honolula. We have about 9 days left. Should we stay in Oahu. Anyone know of 1 bedroom condos or villas? Somewhere with parking. Or is it a must to stay in one of the hotels? Should we split the nine days between Oahu and somewhere else? We are trying to stay under $200 per night.
Jul 11th, 2007, 08:24 PM

There is plenty to do on O'ahu to fill up 9 days. After the moving around you are going to be doing, i personally would be inclined to stay in Waikiki for the 9 days. Another possibility would be to spend half the time in a hotel or condo in Waikiki, then get a rental or b&b on the north shore or in Kailua. I would start with vrbo.com to look for rentals. Dusty has given some great references.
Jul 12th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Original Poster

That sounds good. I think I'll go from Maui to Kailua on the 22nd, stay for a few days, then spend a week in Waikiki, leaving on 2/1 for San Clemente CA. Anyone have any recommendations for B&B's in Kailua? I have a few condos near HHV to choose from in Waikiki. It's hard to pick a location since I have never been there before. One in IIikai Marina. Any comments
Jul 12th, 2007, 08:26 PM

You first task is to pick which islands you want to see. 3 weeks is beautifully generous, to do several islands, or find a home base and explore from there.
Jul 13th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Original Poster

We will Maui and Oahu, a week each with a cruise to do the smaller islands. We may do Kauai for a few days to get the helicopter ride in that everyone is talking about unless you can do that from oahu.
Jul 13th, 2007, 08:10 AM

This Kailua B & B was mentioned lately on another thread. It looks nice.

http://www.beachlane.com/