Search

3 days in Key West

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 04:35 AM
Jim

3 days in Key West

We are considering a 3 day mini-vacation in Key West. Is there enough to do in Key West if you do not dive / snorkel. Also like historic homes, beaches, good food and some seclusion. The tropical atmosphere is very appealing as we have never been to florida. Am I looking at the wrong destinaton in Florida for our interests ??

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 04:54 AM
xxx

I lave to laugh because you will probably find so much to do in the Keys and Key West you will find 3 days in not nearly enough. Key West is full if history, beautiful historic homes, great food and nightlife. They have beaches but as you probably know they are not that great compared to elsewhere in Florida. The are rough, most are man-made and they are very small. Otherwise it is a great choice.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 04:57 AM
Keysss

You will find much to do in Key West even if you do not dive or snorkel.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 05:05 AM
susan

You should find plenty to do in Key West without engaging in water sports. The Hemingway House and Truman's Little White House are both interesting tours. If you stay in Old Town there will be lots of great restaurants within walking distance. The bad news is that the beaches aren't very good. They're all man-made and most are very small.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 05:12 AM
xx

Don't forget about the world famous Mallory Square and the sunsets!

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 05:14 AM
J T Kirk

Key West is a great strolling town. The architecture of the houses is interesting and will present you with the opportunity for some nice photos.

You mentioned "No" to snorkeling and diving. But how 'bout taking a sunset cruise? Or kayaking? It's a great way to get out on the pretty water and see some natural sights.

Check out www.fla-keys.com. I think they talk about things to do.

Have fun.