25th Wedding Anniv.

Old Aug 7th, 1998, 07:37 PM
gary

25th Wedding Anniv.

I am planning a 25th wedding anniv. trip/honeymoon.
Looking for suggestions, quite romantic, shopping,
elegant and plentiful accommdations. Possibly a series of one or two night stops to span a week. We are in the mid west, So we can go either direction within the US> Looking for ideas.

Old Aug 10th, 1998, 04:35 AM
B. Sovinee

For your 25th, I'd recommend Lambertville, NJ which is about midway between NYC and Philadelphia giving you ample "city" opportunities. However, you should know that Lambertville and NJ have a lot to offeras well. Check www.njskylands.com for more information. Skyalnds is the northwestern part of NJ, and very picturesque with lots of history, farms, wineries, water parks, and waterways for hiking, biking, canoing. Enjoy, and Happy 25th!!

Old Aug 10th, 1998, 09:13 AM
JR

Message: I'm from central Illinois. My husband and I drove to Niagara Falls for our honeymoon-- it's only 10 hours from here, so would probably be about 8 from Chicago. In any case, depending on where you are in the "midwest", one day of heavy driving may get you there. I-80 goes all the way to Buffalo NY. It was very romantic (stay on Canadian side). You *can* get less-expensive lodging if you stay a little further from Niagara and make good use of the internet for planning. We stayed at the Skyline Brock, which is right by the falls. It is definitely closer to the activities. Niagara Falls is more of a "typical" honeymoon place, but IMHO, it was definitely worth every minute & penny!
By the way, we had seen and done eveything we wanted to do after 3-4 days and were ready to get on with our trip. Best wishes!

Old Aug 10th, 1998, 07:40 PM
Dennis

You didn't say what time of year your anniversary is, but here are my suggestions: San Francisco anytime; Camden, Maine in the warmer months (May-Oct), and New York City. Happy anniversary. Ours is next year!

Old Aug 11th, 1998, 06:53 AM
JR

Let us know where you decide to go....the suspense will kill me! (sorry, I'm a hopeless romantic)