Search

Nova scotia

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10th, 1998, 09:53 AM
Melinda

Nova scotia

Let me know what not to miss seeing? Is fall a good time to visit? I want to go when it is beautiful and not as crowded

Old Aug 10th, 1998, 11:48 AM
phil

Nova Scotia is never really crowded. Depending how late in the fall you intend to go, it could be on the cold side. In the summer, it rarely goes above 80 degrees F.

It's a fairly large Province, so I'm not sure what part you intend to visit. Though they are on completely opposite ends of the Province I would recommend the following:

- Peggy's Cove near Halifax
- The Cabot Trail on Cape Bretton Island

They both have beautiful scenery. Have fun!

Old Aug 11th, 1998, 02:34 AM
Donna

We spent almost a month camping thru PEI and Nova Scotia. I agree Cape Breton and the area south of Halifax is very beautiful. The trip between Cape Breton and Halifax was pretty desolate. We didn't think it was crowded in August. The Annapolis valley farm area had some pretty views. The area around the Bay of Fundy had some very interesting beach for rock hunting whereas the east coast had lovely sand beaches. Actually I don't think there are a lot of tourist things like gift shops, the appeal is the beautiful scenery. We enjoyed the museum in Badec and also the fisheries museum (can't remember location). We also went into a coal mine. The tea rooms made marvelous stops for rest and refreshment and ranged from small shops in private homes to large restaurants. Desserts were scrumptious. Have a great time.

Old Aug 11th, 1998, 09:37 AM
j.griffin

We loved all of Nova Scotia. We were there in May and the weather was great (maybe a little cool for some). The Blomidon Inn in Wolfville was lovely and the food was great. Peggy's Cove is a "don't miss". Halifax is really nice also. See the maritime museum and the city gardens. All of the coast line is beautiful. Don't forget to get the form and save your receipts for lodging and purchases to get a tax refund, if you are from the U.S.

Old Aug 11th, 1998, 10:44 AM
bob brown

We visited Cape Breton Island in the summer of 1997.
From Cheticamp we took the drive around the cape and walked some of the trails in the national park.
We also took a whale watching cruise. I suggest that you find out where the boat goes before boarding. If you want to sees big whales, I suggest taking a cruise from the tip of the cape. Cheticamp is on the bay side and the boat did not get far away from land at all. We saw small whales, but not the bigw ones you yave to het away from the shore.

If you can work it in, go to the fortress at Louisbourg. It gives a different perspective of our history.