25 day hawaii trip report (Part 1)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 11:59 AM
Joe

Hi Everyone,
My wife and I just returned from our vacation. What a trip. Oahu, Maui, Kauai, Big island in 25 days. I will try to give as much useful information as possible.
Travel Light, we went with just carry on luggage and still had too much stuff. We stayed at the JW Marriot in Ko O'lina on O'ahu. It wasa beautiful place with impeccable service as well as a nice lagoon for swimming. The restaurants were very good. The staff was friendly and helpful. If you go to Pearl Harbor, try to be there before 9:30am, otherwise the wait is long, 2+ hours. It is worth the trip to view the Arizona Memorial. The next day we went through pineapple country to the north shore stopping at the Hale'iwa Arts Festival. We hit it just right and saw a class of hula students performing. We ate at Hale'iwa Joe's, a funky place, good food. We then toured along the north coast. We did not go the Polyenisan Cutural Center. We decided it was not worth the time. We nver made it to the East shore or Waikiki, maybe next time, we were off to Maui next.
Inter-island travel is not difficult. We only had carry-ons. Do get there early, as there are not any seat assignments, So first come, first serve. We purchased a coupoun book from Aloha Airlines, good for 6 flights, for $408, (68 bucks a leg). We landed in Maui, got the car, and off to the Renassiace Wialea. We stayed in the Makena Beach club wing. This is oceanfront 28 units with service attendant for this area. The best, they had to offer. It was OK. The room was above average, but the beach was great. Makena/ulua beach, just east of wialea beach, lots of good swimming and snorkeling. It include breakfast with the room. The breakfast buffet changed daily, so you were'nt eating the same food everyday, This was worth the upgrade. Maui was beautiful, we drove to Pi'ai and ate at Momma's Fish House. It was very good food, right on the beach and very nice views of the ocean. Definitely worth the trip. We did not do the road to Hana. Just could not pull ourselves away from the beach.. We toured through the Grand Wailea Resort(It is HUGE!) and ate at The Humuhumunukanukaapka restaurant. It was very good also. Again worth the trip. We went to Lahaina and walked through the historical areas and toured the shops. Some nice shops and we were able to get some unique souvenirs. It was a nice ride up the west coast of Maui. We also went to the "Old Lahainan Luau" This was the one we had best recommnedations for and we were not disappointed. One Luau is enough. (Seen one, Seen'em all.) to be continued........

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 12:38 PM
topper

topping for part 2?

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 03:38 AM
Maggi

Hey Joe, are you there?

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 11:32 AM
joe

topping

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 07:29 AM

TTT

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 11:11 AM

ttt

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 11:14 AM
xx

25 days in Hawaii??? Really???

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Joe

Yes, it was 25 days is paradise. My wife and I were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary.. We had awonderful time....

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 10:21 AM

topping

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 06:06 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 06:07 AM
ddd

ttt

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 04:42 AM