Reload this Page >

2 Bedroom accomodation in the USA

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6th, 1998, 01:59 AM
Browney

My wife and three childreen are looking to travel to New York, Washington, New Orleans, San Fransisco, and Anaheim in Dec and Jan and can't find any hotel/appartment accomodation which has two bedrooms. Are there any hotel/appartment chains other than the up market ones which provide this type of accomodation?

Old Aug 6th, 1998, 09:37 AM
Deborah

Try something with "suites" in the name. I don't know about east coast, but in CA, you could do either Embassy Suites or Quality Suites. These have a "living" area and a bdroom. The living area has a pullout couch. The Embassy Suites I've stayed at have a door btwn the living area and the bdroom so that you can close off the bdroom entirely. The bathroom is in the bdroom part, then, but there is a sink in the bar area in the liviing room.

Hope this helps.

Old Aug 6th, 1998, 11:57 AM
kam

Try requesting" connecting rooms" instead of calling it a 2 bedroom unit. I know Marriott has them--think most hotels do as well. In SF there's a wonderful Victorian called the San Remo--great location, very affordable and many of the rooms share bathrooms---they can tell you what they have. Good luck.

Old Aug 6th, 1998, 12:28 PM
JoAnn

If you know anyone who owns any timeshare units, ask them to look in their catalog. Those units are also for rent to non-timeshare owners. Rents will vary, but usually the units are complete with kitchens/partial kitchens, and can be rented by the day or week. Email me if I can be of help.

Old Aug 7th, 1998, 05:33 AM
Meg

Try searching the net for "New Orleans vacation rentals" or whichever city you need. We prefer to stay in apartments as opposed to hotel rooms, and, luckily, most places we go, these type accommodations can be found if you know where to look. Good luck.

Old Aug 7th, 1998, 06:56 AM
Tracy

You might want to try calling Rent a home international in Seattle they specialize in
these types of accomadations.
They are also on line.