Reload this Page >

2 Adults, 2 Kids @ Westin Maui?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 07:50 AM
Clean Willy

We walked throught the property last time we were there, and loved it. I've read all the negative comments here, but am convinced that it is what we are looking for. What I need to know is, has anyone done 2 adults, two teens in a standard room? The Ipix of the room on their website shows no couch, and no room for a roll away. We live in a pretty small house anyway, and do not plan on spending much time in the room.
TIA

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 10:31 AM
katie

I stayed there almost 3 years ago. Had a king and felt the room was cramped. However, I stayed in the "old" section (parallel to the beach). Maybe the "new" section (perpendicular to the beach) is better?

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 06:12 AM
xxx

We were there Aug 2001 with our two children, 11 and 8. Rooms are nice but small. It didn't matter to us because we spent such little time in the room. By the time we got back at night we literally crashed until the next morning. Pool is great there. If you are a Starwood member you may be able to get a better rate. We took advantage of that. Sometimes they run 35% off standard rates. Check it out . Membership is free. Have a great time!

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 06:41 AM
No

No, the rooms are quite small, you will be very cramped. Why not look into a condo where the teens could have their own bedroom and everyone could have some privacy. It is beyond me how people can cram 4-5-6 whatever people into one small room ... it must get really fun with bathroom use, I don't care of they are family or not, it can get pretty gross.

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 08:17 PM
kathy kathy

Our family (dad and mom with a 10 year old and a 7 year old) spent Christmas
vacation at the Westin in a standard room. Nice pool, of course. But, I shudder to think of spending this time with 2 teens. Not only is there no room for a couch, there is no room for a closet! Just be ready!!