Westin Maui - $749 Deal

Search

Westin Maui - $749 Deal

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Westin Maui - $749 Deal

I saw a lot of postings from people who took advantage of the $749 deal for Westin Maui 6 days 5 nites including $185 car rental and $75 resort coupon. For those who took advantage of this deal, did the hotel honor the type of rooms you requested....? We requested a room with 2 double beds instead of a King size bed...and afraid that they might not honor the request when we show up. Any one has problem with their reservation? I saw a posting from endlessvacation2 back on Jan 9th. You mentioned you have 2 adults and 2 kids....did the hotel make you pay for the extra room for the kids?
Old Jan 28th, 2006, 07:27 AM

We took advantage of the Westin Maui deal in 2000, and paid about $600. We have 2A, 2C and was given 2 double beds. They did not upgrade the view though. We had mountain view in the distance and looked directly into the main driveway entrance of the hotel. I think if you want an extra room for the kids, you will have to pay extra.
Old Jan 28th, 2006, 09:14 AM

Hi
We requested a room with a King size bed and Yes we had to pay for the 2nd room which had two double beds. We decided to take their offer that they sent us in the mail to upgrade our room to an ocenview room but we had to pay an additional $130 a night for it. The 2nd room was at a starwood preferred discounted rate of $370 a night because it also was an ocean view rooms. The room were connecting which was great but they should not have charged us an upgrade fee for the package room especially since I was willing to pay for the another room withan ocean view. The resort coupon is for a $100 now and if you ask the front desk at check out to apply it to your upgrade rate they double it to $200 that was nice. If you take the Westin timeshare tour whcih we did not as we just closed two weeks prior on buying a Marriott vacation club and just didn't want to waste our vacation time, they will give you another $100 coupon which you can again apply to your room upgrade and it will become $200. We tried several time s to get the second room on a similiar package but it was one per family even though my daughter was 18 and could technically have taken a room by herself. It's agreat resort no regards no problem checking our rooms were ready and the way we requested them. No problems with the car rental we actually got an upgraded car and just paid the difference.
Karen
Old Jan 28th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for responding to this posting. Here is our situation ....the package offered is for 2 adults and 2 kids. We have a baby and want to bring one of the grandmas with us to watch the baby. I am hoping that we can request a room with 2 double beds and share the room, so we don't have to get an extra room. Has anyone have similar situation with Westin Maui package? I am not sure if I can contact the hotel directly to add a 3rd adult to the room.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 11:34 AM

I can't answer you as to if they will add the extra adult. We did the package in December 2004. You would be hard pressed to fit a crib in the room!!! There is not much excess space.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 03:09 PM

I agree with Neworleansnell. Their standard room is much smaller than most hotel rooms. I don't think you can add a crib.
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 07:53 AM

Where is this deal available? Is it per person or per room? I'm hoping to visit Maui in the spring, but I don't want to take out a second mortgage
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Original Poster

Hi karameli

You can try calling 1-800-747-8202 (Starwood Vacation) and mention the $749 Westin Maui package (5 nites hotel w $185 Avis car rental and $75 resort coupon) - 2 adults 2 kids. A friend of mine (who owns a timeshare with Starwood) refered me. I have read postings that this might be open to others without referrals. Doesn't hurt to call and try
Old Jan 30th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Original Poster

Oh the package is per room

Thanks neworleansnell and Hanalei for mentioning the room size.