1st time to Pitsburgh-HELP

Old May 22nd, 2001, 05:42 AM
Marcie

1st time to Pitsburgh-HELP

My husband and I will be in Pittsburgh for 3 nights and would like recommendations where to stay (we'd like to be in the "heart of the action" within walking distance to good restaurants)
If possible, we'd like to stay in a Starwood Property (Sheratons, Westins, Four Points) because we have a $100 voucher we can apply towards the room cost.....(but I guess this isn't mandatory)
Any suggestions??
Thanks. Marcie

Old May 22nd, 2001, 05:49 AM
X

Don't know where to tell you to stay, but first, I assume you're talking about Pittsburgh, PA.

From what I understand, the Strip District is really hopping at night. On your way home, don't forget to stop by Permani (sp?) Brothers. Do a search on Pittsburgh and see what you find.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 06:13 AM
joy

I live in the suburbs of Pittsburgh, have no idea what kind of action you are planning while you are here, but there is a very nice Sheraton Station Square (412-261-2000) directly across the river from the city, accessible by the T (light rail transit), taxi, or by walking across the bridge (long walk tho). Many downtown restaurants offer free transportation between Station Square and the downtown area. Station Square is a restored railroad terminal, some nice restaurants, bars, comedy club, upscale shopping.

Also downtown are the Pittsburgh Hilton (412-391-4600), Doubletree (412-281-3700), Marriott City Center (412-471-4000)and Westin (412-281-7100). I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones I'm most familiar with.

Where you stay really depends on what you want to do.

Visit www.realpittsburgh.com for some more info.

Old May 22nd, 2001, 06:53 AM
Ess

The Andy Warhol museum is also in Pittsburgh, where he was originally from. Last year we changed planes in Pittsburgh and I wanted so badly to visit the museum, but was afraid there wouldn't be be enough time. Just FYI, in case you like his art.

Old Mar 9th, 2002, 05:36 AM

ttt