Reload this Page >

1st time shopper on canal street

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 11:22 AM
bojano

I'll be going shopping this weekend with a couple of teenage girls and was wondering where exactly to shop on canal street. Obviously we're looking for knock-offs. Also wondering about parking, can we park close by to the shops?

Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The canal street area is very congested. I would park at least a few blocks away. Off hand I don't know of any garages (street parking may be tough). I think there is an outdoor lot around spring and broadway but I'm not completely sure.

Most of the knockoff vendors are around Canal and broadway. They are on the sidewalks more than in actual shops. There are also some on the side streets off canal (Mott, Mulberry). You can start at Mott and Canal and head west on Canal until 6th Av.

Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 11:44 AM

PLEASE don't bring a car into the city, you will be stuck in traffic and unless you know the city VERY well, you will have problems finding your way around in ALL THAT TRAFFIC. It is near to impossible to find parking in Chinatown especially on a Saturday, since alot of the streets are no parking, except for police and court workers.

You will see so much more on foot and you won't have to worry about getting a ticket.

Canal St shopping is really anywhere between 6th Ave and the Bowery, with tons of shops inbetween. You can bargin for just about anything, including all the jewelry shops. Don't pay the first price quoted.

Oh and have a GREAT time.
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 11:49 AM
bojano

thanks for the info, what time do the shops open and close?

Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 11:51 AM

The best Canal Street shopping is between Mulberry Street and Broadway.

If you must drive, which I highly discourage, I suggest parking somewhere around Spring & Mulberry (see a map). Then walk south on Mulberry through the heart of Little Italy to Canal Street.

Other places to find knock-offs include East 60th Street between 2nd & 3rd Avenues (the block with Serendipity), and Lexington Ave in front of Bloomingdale's.

Enjoy!
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 11:59 AM
bojano

has anyone purchased any lacoste shirts on canal street?