Search

17-Mile Drive Info

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19th, 2001, 04:18 PM
tim

17-Mile Drive Info

Just wondering if anyone out there knew if there were specific times that the 17-Mile drive in Monterey, CA is open for travelers. Thanks for the info.

Old Dec 19th, 2001, 06:26 PM
George

Not sure about hours. Probably fairly liberal, as the Pebble Beach Lodge folks (Stillwater Bar & Grill; Club XIX, etc.) like the money. If you do the drive, hang onto your ticket. If you spend over $25 or so for food, you get a refund on the cost of the drive.

Us tourists did it, enjoyed it, and recommend it.

Old Dec 20th, 2001, 04:07 AM
Debbie

We did the drive in February and it was very rainy and foggy-couldn't see that much. I have been there in September and it was gorgeous.Happy travels!

Old Dec 20th, 2001, 09:19 AM
Brian

Supposedly if you make reservations for lunch or dinner at the Lodge, your entrance fee will be waived.
Whether you actually eat there or not is up to you.

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 06:24 PM
Duke

Brian above is correct. Get reservations at Roy's at Spanish Bay anyway. Great restaurant in 5 star resort and the $8.00 entrance is included. We live in Pacific Grove near the gate so know the drill.

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 05:13 PM
roadtripper

Drove through there just after sundown & it was still open.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 11:36 AM
hp

Don't know of any specific hours. I guess it depends on the time of year. I would assume that it closes after sundown.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 01:24 PM
plummie

Go to Roy's before sunset, sit outside by the fireplace with a drink and watch the bagpiper come across the golf course.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 09:57 AM
tt

ttt