Search

16th birthday

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30th, 1999, 12:29 PM
steve

16th birthday

Taking my daughter to NYC for her 16th birthday Oct. 22-25. Staying at the Plaza, have tickets to Lion King for Sunday night. Any other suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Old Sep 30th, 1999, 12:45 PM
marilyn

My daughter came to NEw York with me for a meeting when she was 14. She enjoyed shopping at Bloomie's and in Greenwich Village, exploring Central Park, eating at places she had heard of (Four Seasons, Tavern on the Green), going to a play, and climbing to the top of the Statue of Liberty.

Old Sep 30th, 1999, 12:50 PM
Diane

Take the subway way downtown to the World Trade Center and go up to the top. Go out on the terrace if it is nice! WoW!

Old Sep 30th, 1999, 01:01 PM
lisa

Wow, what a great gift. "The Lion King" is the best theater I've ever seen, anywhere. A trip to Ellis Island is wonderful. Shopping in Soho and the Village. If it's nice out, go to Zabar's on the upper west side and get picnic stuff and have a picnic in Central Park. If she likes art, go to the Met or the Museum of Modern Art -- the Plaza is convenient for both. My teenaged brother liked touring NBC Studios at Rockefeller Plaza. Take a double-decker tour of the city where you can get on and off wherever you want (fun to see Chinatown and Little Italy). There are lots of restaurant suggestions on other threads if you do a search. Good luck and have a terrific time!

Old Oct 8th, 1999, 02:39 PM
tsf

Went with my daughter, 5 of her 16 year old friends, and their mothers, to NYC. We had a ball! One of the highlights - bicycle tour of Central Park. Beginning at Columbus Circle, sign out on the sidewalk, don't remember the name of the company. All the moms loved it, too. Great way to see the Park! We also went to Caroline's one night - be careful who's there, although at 16 kids have heard it all, anyway! We lucked out - Kathy Griffith was there - with surprise guest Janeane Garofalo! Perfect for 16 year olds, and moms, too! They even came out and posed for pictures with the girls after the show. Enjoy the trip!
PS _ Lion King is the most fantastic show I have ever seen! INCREDIBLE!