Where to Travel with Teens

Old Feb 25th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to Travel with Teens

I'm planning a trip with my sister, my niece (16) and my daughter (14). I love the adventure trips but my sister is not into that. I want to make sure that there is something for us all to do so we don't hear the "I'm bored" from the girls. My niece also has psoriasis and doesn not want a destination where she will have to be in a bathing suit all the time. Looking for the best of all worlds. They are really trying to convince me to go to Disney again...so if I am convinced, what resort, moderately priced, would be best for the teen girls. We would be going in August so when is the best time to book to get the best deal?
Thank you
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 01:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which continent(s)? Once you decide that, you should re-post on the relevant board or boards - see the Change Forum" option above? Or are you saying you're going to Disney, in which case you want the US board.

When you re-post you need to define "moderately priced" - your "moderate" may be my extravagant.
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 05:25 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
"<i>They are really trying to convince me to go to Disney again...so if I am convinced, what resort, moderately priced, would be best for the teen girls.</i>"

Does this mean you are asking about Disney World (the 'resorts' bit doesn't really apply to Disneyland)?

If so, re-post on the United States Forum tagged for FL.
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 02:31 PM

I would go to Europe and since it is August ,go to a more Northern country like England where you won't be roasting! There is so much to see and do there and it is a great way to have the teenagers realize what a big world there is out there!
Old Mar 3rd, 2013, 09:34 AM

Yes. Northern Europe was my thought too. Lots of incredibly intersting places to visit and a visit can be a good into to the world at large. I would not let myself get talked into Disney - and not just because I don't care for Disney - I just think it would be a wasted opportunity to get these kids out into the world at this critical time in their lives. They will soon be making decisions about college, careers, etc. The broader perspective you can give them now the better.