trip idea for mom & 10 year old son

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am looking for a reasonably priced place to take my 10 year old son- either Florida or one of the islands. (No Disney) Am concerned with safety and keeping him busy. Any suggestions?
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 12:39 PM

Personally, I don't see the need to add the extra cost & travel time by going to one of the islands rather than Florida - can't see that a 10 yo would care. So, I'd go for Florida. I'm assuming with your 2 choices that he likes beach life.

So, you could select the St. Augustine area & include the siteseeing in St. A. with the beach days - a great fort adventure would be perfect for a 10 year old boy. Plus a short drive & take him thru the space center which includes a discussion with an astronaut. Another short drive & watch the cruise ships come in.

Also, have you considered a cruise? If you are willing to take an inside cabin, you can find some cheap prices - which includes cabin, food, transportation to various places, some great kid's programs that the kids seem to totally enjoy, some free time for you, & free activities onboard, such as swimming.

Good luck & have a great trip, Julie
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Original Poster

You are right! Thanks! Never been there but will look it up. I do feel better staying in the U.S. too, so again thanks. Sometimes you just need a little nudge