Travelling with an RV in Oregon and Seattle with kids

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2019, 12:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have posted the question before at another forum about places to travel in the states of Oregon and Washington with our four kids (10, 9, 7 and 2) for 2 to 3 weeks in July 2020 with an RV. I asked for itinerary suggestions. We want to be in nature. My husband doesn’t like camping in a tent but me and my eldest kids do, therefore we thought that the RV was convenient. Now, with our 2 year old is not fun to be everyday driving. We would like to be around 3 nights at each place. Is this duable? Can we store food for 6 people for a few days? Is there something else to consider? Can you please advice? Thank you!
Old Aug 9th, 2019, 03:49 AM

There are plenty of RV Parks in Oregon and Washington and it is certainly very easy to stay multiple nights in any of them - people do this all the time. Any, yes, you can carry several days worth of food in most RV's - especially the larger ones like you'll need for your family of 6. For what it is worth, most, if not all of the RV campground you'll be staying at will have on-site grocery stores where you can stock up on supply/food on an as needed basis. Of course, you'll also be able to stop at any major supermarket in the towns you'll be passing through on your trip and do your shopping, much like you do "back home".

HINT: You can google subjects like "RV Forums"; "RV Road Trips"; "Vacationing in an RV"; "RV Campgrounds in NAME OF STATE": etc. and you'll find hundreds of links where you can learn about every aspect of RV life.
Old Aug 9th, 2019, 06:23 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
see all the comments on your other thread. They are IMO very valid -- (and this thread may end up moved by the moderators to the US board)

Almost every advantage you perceive for an RV would apply to cottage/cabin rentals without all the issues/problems mentioned on your other thread.

airbnb/vrbo rentals will almost certainly be cheaper, more comfortable and with easier logistics for a group of six.
Old Aug 13th, 2019, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both very much!
Old Aug 15th, 2019, 01:31 AM

Hi! I also like camping and my husband doesn't, so I understand you. We don't travel now as our daughter is too small. Speaking about your question, I can recommend yopu to check a collection of camping sites. I was lucky to find it about a year ago and noticed that there is much useful information there. Unfortunately, I can't give a direct answer, but maybe this souce will be helpful for you.