Sibling Trip Ideas

Old May 22nd, 2012, 02:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sibling Trip Ideas

Hi everyone! My little brother (I'm 22) is graduating from high school and for his graduation he wants to take a trip just the two of us. We're trying to put together an itinerary for late July and his only requirement is that we stop for a couple nights in Amsterdam. Ideally, we'd like to do something exotic/unique. We've done all the major cities in Europe, and he's not looking for a museum-hopping kind of trip. Beaches, deserts, adventure, anything goes for us, but my parents want us in a 4 or 5 star hotel. We've also traveled extensively in Italy and France so want to stay away from them.

Any suggestions of destinations we could head to after or before Amsterdam (2-3 other places) that would be fun for siblings and meet the above requirements?

Thanks !
Old May 22nd, 2012, 04:48 PM

It sounds like you're focusing on a trip to Europe, so you may want to re-post this in the Europe forum.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 11:28 PM

SiennaAnn1 - Tell your brother it's now illegal to smoke in cafes for tourists. That should tone him down a bit.

Head over to the cultures of the Eastern Adriatic, or even go to Istanbul or Egypt, if you want different.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 10:20 PM

Turkey, including Istanbul and Cappadocia or Morocco both sound as if they would offer some great advetures for you. You could go in a camel caravan to the desert in Morocco or hot air balloon ride over the lunar-like lansdscape in Cappadocia. Turky has some really nice hotels at reasonable cost and great food as well as great sights. Both places are somewhat exotic.