Priceline

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2011, 04:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Priceline

Priceline has fraudulantly charged my credit card. I selected an area where I wanted to book travel and they pulled a hotel from a completely different area. I called immediately to tell them of THEIR error and they have stonewalled!! They keep saying that I selected a second area - which I did not. It is NO WHERE NEAR where I want to stay. Each rep I spoke with gave me a different answer on what they could "do" for me. They keep saying that they cannot cancel the reservation even IF they made a mistake. I have stopped payment on my credit card and I spoke with the hotel so that they know I am not coming to that hotel. Everyone seems concerned about this FRAUD except for Priceline. So - buyer beware!! If you select an area on a map to stay in - Priceline can submit WHATEVER area they want....regardless of what you actually enter.

I believe this is criminal and again - FRAUD.
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 12:13 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Not that PL <i>can't/doesn't</i> ever make mistakes . . . But the VAST majority of the the time it is user error. You may have clicked more than one zone, or if you did a re-bid may have done it incorrectly.

What city/zone did you bid and which hotel did you get? W/o the details we have no idea which side of this story is the truth.

Priceline isn't always blameless -- but they certainly aren't criminal or fraudulent.

(I assume you are also registering on other travel websites to post this -- you will find that LOTS of people use PL w/o any problems)
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 03:39 AM

odds are overwhelming you screwed up your area in the

very complex for the newbie bidding process.

I have saved THOUSANDS bidding Priceline.com

numerous times over the last 10 years

they are for me an AWESOME company.

frankly your assertion of crime fraud seems libelous.

Clueless newbie syndrome far more likely.

Still you may file a dispute with your CC company

it will be investigated by them if you are proven right

you will get your money back.
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 03:44 AM

FYI there are 2 places on the bidding screen where

you must place your initials and 3 digit CC PIN

prior to bidding EACH time they are VERY careful.

there are LOTS of disclaimers

that what you bid is what you get no do overs

So odds are overwhelming this post

is libel and you will get zip
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 12:24 PM

Also first time poster syndrome.
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 03:07 PM
Original Poster

Hi - I have used priceline in the past - I actually purchased a car with them back in 1995 when that was an option. I work in High Tech and travel extensively...using all sorts of travel websites. I found that the problem was - PRICELINE PREFILLS check marks into boxes on the area selection screen for a hotel. So - if you do not UNCHECK a box - you can be put out in never never land. Is that user error? I dont think so. They keep saying that I selected the wrong area - and my answer is I never selected the WRONG area - I just never DE SELECTED the wrong area. They are at fault....I have posted this on various websites for travel and have received many messages with similar issues from PL.com - so I am not alone.

I did get them to agree that they prefill the check marks and they agreed to give me a full refund - however, they are charging me a penalty of one nights stay? ridiculous. I spoke with the hotel and the hotel said that they DO NOT charge PL for the cancellation. So PL is profiting from a flaw in their system that they then claim you cannot dispute.

My goal in posting on these sites is to make the buyer beware!! Yes you can get a good deal on PL which is why I used them - but I truely believe that they are at fault and are committing fraud by pre selecting the checked areas.

They keep saying that I inadvertantly checked the wrong area and that is COMPLETELY FALSE...I just never unchecked it.

Boo Hoo Priceline.com!!
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 03:40 AM

I have been a big fan of the popular web site Priceline.com for several years. If you are not familiar with the web site, it allows you to name your own price for hotels, flights, rental cars, etc. I have used their site to book hotels many times and have had moderate success.