Search

Packing a stuffed animal.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 2016, 11:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Packing a stuffed animal.

So I'm a pretty big cuddler and I normally cuddle up to a big stuffed animal at night when I sleep, it's about 4ft long and maybe 2 around. I have a hard time sleeping with out it. Is the any way (besides vacuuming it in a bag) that I could take it with me? Vacuuming it up would work for me but I won't have access to a vacuum where I'm going so I wouldn't be able to get it back in. Or does anyone have a suggestion for a replacement for it?
Old Sep 4th, 2016, 12:06 AM
kja

I'm a pet owner, so maybe I understand a bit of your concern. I leave my beloved animals at home, but IMAGINE cuddling with them when away, and that helps me sleep. (That, and exhaustion -- I keep pretty busy when I travel!)

Good luck!
Old Sep 4th, 2016, 03:25 AM

You are talking about a "stuffed animal", right? Try a pillow!
Old Sep 4th, 2016, 08:44 AM

Are you serious, emmyk? A 4'x2' stuffed animal?

You'd need a duffel bag just for that. But, seriously?
Old Sep 4th, 2016, 09:35 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Can you make do with a slightly smaller stuffed animal?

I see kids in airports all the time carrying them right on the plane with them.

An extra suitcase is your other option.
Old Sep 4th, 2016, 09:45 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Be kind Tabernash2. Emmyk is brand new on Fodor's. This might be a serious question.
Old Sep 4th, 2016, 10:44 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
>>Vacuuming it up would work for me but I won't have access to a vacuum where I'm going so I wouldn't be able to get it back in.<<

You do NOT need a vacuum cleaner to use a space bag. They make travel versions. You seal them up, roll out all the air, and it squishes down to nothing.

Go to Bed Bath & Beyond or anyplace that sells the vacuum cleaner versions and they will also have the travel ones.

It depends if your 4 ft cuddly will fit -- how firm/stuffed is it? I can get a long down filled puffer coast into either the medium or large travel space bag.

So try one w/ your 'baby' and if it works great. If not, look for a smaller replacement cuddler just for travel -- and then you can use a small space bag.
Old Sep 5th, 2016, 07:44 AM

Same as Janis.Find yourself a small cuddler for travel, you'll be much comfortable and won't risk losing it.

We do it with our kids : we leave the 'good' one at home and take a replacement when traveling. Of course do try the small one before.
Old Sep 5th, 2016, 08:27 AM

Find yourself an approximately pillow shaped animal, unstuff it. Then put a pillow from your hotel inside when you get there.
Old Sep 12th, 2016, 01:33 PM

I would not like to drag a stuffed animal around gathering germs everywhere, then have it in my bed.

You could ask the hotel for extra pillows.

I often travel with a feather pillow. Roll it up tightly and carry under my arm. It is nice to have on the plane, plus I don't like poly filled pillows. If you don't mind the poly, but a cheap one at TJ Max or Homegoods, etc.

I put three zippered pillow cases on it, and remove one when I get to the hotel. Don't want to continue using the one used in the plane. Yuk! Same if I take a train or bus.

Only problem is making sure the hotel service person does not think it belongs to the hotel, and not forgetting it when I leave. Printed covers help with that. Of course, a cheap one would not matter.

You could get an animal print or fleece cover for use at the hotel. If you can't find one, just pick up a yard of fleece at a fabric store and stitch a rectangle, or cut a fringe at the ends and tie them together.

One of my cats is my cuddle comforter. She sleeps with her front paws wrapped around my arm and her chin on them. I miss that when I travel.
Old Sep 13th, 2016, 04:25 AM

Sassa,

Let us face it : Emmy is part of a group of young teenagers who play 'Hey guys I know a forum where you can say anything and people will answer'...

She made up the stuffed animal story. I bet one of her friends asked if they could climb a plane with a 1:1 replica of a bazooka.
Old Sep 13th, 2016, 06:26 AM

Whathello, you are probably right. Oh well.