Not related to any country

Old Nov 29th, 2020, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not related to any country

Just wondering Where or IF people travel for vacation these days

We have not been travelling abroad for the last 2 years - One reason was a sickness
and than these Corona Epidemic of Course!

Just Wondering where some of you travel and where it is relatively save to go
even in terms of flying/travelling back?

RGDS
Old Nov 29th, 2020, 08:45 AM
Forum Moderator

Moved to Travel tips
Old Nov 30th, 2020, 12:30 PM

Doesn't it matter where you live? I an in Australia and we are not allowed to leave the country unless there are compelling reasons. In fact some of our internal borders have been closed to us as well until just recently, so those who are holiday makers are just travelling locally, and as of just recently, interstate. We also have a one-way travel bubble with New Zealand, but anyone who comes in has to quarantine for 14 days in a hotel first and has to be staying for 3 months. So you would need to clarify where you want the advice to apply to. Where we are, holidays are all happening within the immediate area of where we all live.

Lavandula
Old Dec 1st, 2020, 04:09 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
We had a wonderful trip to London, Rome, Egypt and Jordan, retuned home in late January, just prior to COVID. Wen to Japan six months earlier. Live in the US. Now everything has changed and we are home bound waiting for a vaccine. Being compliant and safe.
Old Dec 2nd, 2020, 05:06 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lavandula
Doesn't it matter where you live? I an in Australia and we are not allowed to leave the country unless there are compelling reasons. In fact some of our internal borders have been closed to us as well until just recently, so those who are holiday makers are just travelling locally, and as of just recently, interstate. We also have a one-way travel bubble with New Zealand, but anyone who comes in has to quarantine for 14 days in a hotel first and has to be staying for 3 months. So you would need to clarify where you want the advice to apply to. Where we are, holidays are all happening within the immediate area of where we all live.

Lavandula
Sometimes i think the Australian Way is the best way to handle the problem - even when measurements are very restrictive!

As far as i know they had a complete lockdown for 4 weeks and now reaching the summer

We in Europe are in the Winter Season now - and bouncing up and down with infections - and soft lockdowns (again and again) ;-)