Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Travel Tips & Trip Ideas
Reload this Page >

Need a great 40th birthday European travel itinerary!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be turning 40 in April 2013 and would like some suggestions on a 10-12 day European vacation for my husband and I. We have been to Paris and to the South of France (St. Tropez) and to Amsterdam but that is it. I have a huge wish list of destinations and need help picking and choosing destinations. I don't know where to begin travel planning. I am really interested in visiting Italy and Greece. We love history! I would love to be able to see and tour some castles as well. My European travel wish list is huge including Barcelona, Prague, Budapest, Ireland, Vienna, Rome.....the list goes on. We considered a Viking River cruise but the reviews I have read are not very positive. Any feedback or travel itineraries that anyone has done and can recommend would be very appreciated!
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 06:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to Fodors. You should ask this question on the Europe board - use the Change Forum button above. When you repost you should expand on what you enjoy and why.

I suggest spending some time reading trip reports on the Europe board - it will give you an idea of what makes a successful itinerary. Also, almost all guidebooks have sample itineraries. Reading the glossy guidebooks will give you an idea of what you want to see. (Try your library, or veg out at your local bookstore with a cup of coffee.)

With only 10-12 days you don't have time for a whole lot - Venice, Vienna and Budapest, perhaps, or just Ireland or just southern Spain.
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are one scattered woman!

Try to make an itinerary yourself and let others make suggestions.