Ipad 1 vs Ipad 2

Mar 23rd, 2011, 01:42 PM
Original Poster

Ipad 1 vs Ipad 2

Hi is there anyone out there that can provide me with the differences on these 2. I can use my airmiles to get the Ipad 1 but know that it is basically so called "outdated?' I am travelling to Europe for 4 months and want to email. post to my blog and upload photos. Also what GB would I need to store my photos??
Thanks!!
Mar 24th, 2011, 01:05 PM

iPad 2 is thinner and a bit lighter.

iPad 2 has faster processors, which will be noticed the most for games and certain multimedia apps. Browsing may be faster too.

iPad 2 has two cameras, so you can use Skype or FaceTime to do video chats. The other camera can be used for taking pictures or videos but it's low-quality and it's awkward to hold a tablet up to take pictures. That said, there are apps. which will scan documents for you.

As for storage, if you plan to keep a lot of photos on it all the time, you can get the larger capacity ones. But iTunes will let you manage and switch in groups of photos, at least on the Mac side if you use software like iPhoto which lets you create albums. So you can be swapping in albums of your latest photos.
Mar 25th, 2011, 05:50 AM
Original Poster

I think I will be buying the 64 GB one...will that be enough to store hundreds of photos until I get home to make an album?
Mar 25th, 2011, 06:48 AM

Depends on the camera. If you have a big DSLR and storing RAW files, it might be enough for hundreds but not thousands.

If it's a point and click, then way more than enough. Probably would be okay with 32GB or maybe even 16 GB if you don't have much else in the way of apps. or videos.
Apr 15th, 2011, 12:17 PM

<<>>

Because we're getting an ipad (now on order), I checked this when I returned from our recent trip. We had taken about 700 point-and-shoot pictures, and they took a total of about 4 GB, so went with the 16 GB version. Once I got home, I transferred the pix I wanted to my picasa web album, and also to an external hard drive.
Apr 24th, 2011, 04:54 AM

I Pad 2 faster lighter thinner more features like 2 cameras

from $499

I Pad 1 sort of outmoded Apple is discounting to $399 to move

I love mine plenty of room for storage on the 32G for me.

Puts everything else I had to shame on my last trip.

Still no Adobe flash on either my #1 Gripe.

Do insure for travel they are a theft magnet.

Search this Thread