CDC says fully vaccinated people may travel

Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 10:01 AM
  #1  
ET
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,386
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CDC says fully vaccinated people may travel

Good news for grandparents and others. The CDC now says people who are fully vaccinated may travel. Of course, they still recommend wearing mass on public transportation.
ET is offline  
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 10:06 AM
  #2  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 47,066
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...sorry, stupid question, I just googled the CDC article.

Last edited by LucieV; Apr 2nd, 2021 at 10:09 AM.
LucieV is offline  
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 10:09 AM
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 32,314
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We will definitely be traveling this summer. Currently researching beach trips for July/August. I consider it essential travel as it is essential that I get the hell out of town for a week. And it is essential that I use up 4 weeks of vacation time by the end of December or else I will lose days.
tom42 is offline  
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 10:28 AM
  #4  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 13,311
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tom42 View Post
We will definitely be traveling this summer. Currently researching beach trips for July/August. I consider it essential travel as it is essential that I get the hell out of town for a week. And it is essential that I use up 4 weeks of vacation time by the end of December or else I will lose days.
Same! Well, I won't lose vacation days if I don't use them, but I am maxed out, which means I can't accrue any more, which is essentially the same thing, so I need to use some.
november_moon is offline  
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 10:29 AM
  #5  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 34,793
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Iím still thinking Iceland in August.

I think my husband needs to get rid of me because he immediately texted me the news that Iíd be welcome there.

I definitely need some time off (cranky and irritable) and I think the only way to really get it is to be out of the country.

I tried to take this holiday weekend off and stuff came up I have to do. Sigh.
gruezi is offline  
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 10:30 AM
  #6  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,530
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was doing it anyway but it is nice the CDC has given their blessing.

I shall see my grandkids in June. Flying from Chicago to Seattle. Airbnb with an ocean view is rented and thankfully already paid for. I will be there for 6 weeks. Plane tickets are bought although it was a strange and scary feeling to press the buy button.
barbrn is offline  
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 10:31 AM
  #7  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 34,793
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Barb - your post makes me so happy. Iím so glad. I love that youíre making it a vacation as well as a much overdue visit.
gruezi is offline  
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 10:35 AM
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 5,169
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, but are we welcome anywhere? 😅

marvelousmouse is offline  
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 10:42 AM
  #9  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5,068
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I heard this morning and would love to get abroad if any countries are letting U.S. travelers in. I'll have my second vaccine in a momth. They were talking about a "vaccine passport" here in Maryland, showing that you've had your full series. Otoh, the vaccine is only good forc6 months.

As for beach, now that my go-to inn has closed, not sure where and what minth I would go.
ninasdream is offline  
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 10:59 AM
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 19,131
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yay, barb!

We have tickets to Hawaii in mid-May. I am hoping that with this news, Hawaii will remove the 72 hour negative test requirement for those who have been fully vaccinated. There are only two Hawaii trusted providers in MT, and they don't do rapid tests, so I'm worried about getting a test result in time. Fingers crossed we won't have to mess with that as we'll be fully-vaccinated.
kureiff is offline  
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 10:59 AM
  #11  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 32,314
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ninasdream View Post
Otoh, the vaccine is only good forc6 months.
I do not believe that is accurate. Maybe one of the health folks in here could step in but my understanding is that the vaccine is good for at least 6 months. That is based on the current data. As they get additional data, they will be able to make more definitive statements about how long it is effective for. IOW, right now the medical community does not know the duration of the vaccine's effectiveness beyond six months but they are not saying it is only good for 6 months.
tom42 is offline  
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 11:04 AM
  #12  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 32,314
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kureiff View Post
Yay, barb!

We have tickets to Hawaii in mid-May. I am hoping that with this news, Hawaii will remove the 72 hour negative test requirement for those who have been fully vaccinated. There are only two Hawaii trusted providers in MT, and they don't do rapid tests, so I'm worried about getting a test result in time. Fingers crossed we won't have to mess with that as we'll be fully-vaccinated.
Are you going back to Maui? Soooooo jealous.
tom42 is offline  
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 11:06 AM
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 19,131
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tom42 View Post
Are you going back to Maui? Soooooo jealous.
Big Island. We love it! And, you know, like our last trip, we intend to be travelers and not merely tourists.
kureiff is offline  
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 11:08 AM
  #14  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 32,314
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kureiff View Post
Big Island. We love it! And, you know, like our last trip, we intend to be travelers and not merely tourists.
I wouldn't expect anything less from you. We've never been to the Big Island - only Maui and Oahu. Maybe next time we go we will try it out.
tom42 is offline  
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 11:08 AM
  #15  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,954
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have 5 trips booked between April and June. I need to plant my flowers sometime between trips. I flew a couple of weeks ago and except for some crowding at the departure gate, I didn't feel uncomfortable. In fact, it was rather uplifting that I was doing something normal. Funny, my brother just mentioned Iceland. I think it's going to be very popular so book soon.
wtm003 is offline  
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 11:11 AM
  #16  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 19,131
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tom42 View Post
I wouldn't expect anything less from you. We've never been to the Big Island - only Maui and Oahu. Maybe next time we go we will try it out.
Already looking forward to beers on the beach.
kureiff is offline  
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 11:12 AM
  #17  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,954
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kureiff View Post
Yay, barb!

I am hoping that with this news, Hawaii will remove the 72 hour negative test requirement for those who have been fully vaccinated.
Yes, me too! I check the news everyday. We have a nearby approved urgent care that does the rapid test, but I'd rather spend the $400 in Hawaii rather than covid testing.
wtm003 is offline  
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 12:02 PM
  #18  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 459
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm at home this week using the vacation time I would otherwise lose (we stop accruing at the cap). First shot Monday.

My folks have a beach condo for late June with an April 15 no-refunds date-- they will be so happy to hear this! I'd better start shopping for a swimsuit coverup.





kareyon is offline  
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 01:21 PM
  #19  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 52,949
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ninasdream View Post
I heard this morning and would love to get abroad if any countries are letting U.S. travelers in. I'll have my second vaccine in a momth. They were talking about a "vaccine passport" here in Maryland, showing that you've had your full series. Otoh, the vaccine is only good forc6 months.

As for beach, now that my go-to inn has closed, not sure where and what minth I would go.
ninadsream, nobody know how long the vaxine is good for. Itís at least 6 months.
jubilada is offline  
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 01:42 PM
  #20  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 14,745
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So far, the recommendations have been changed for domestic travel only. From NPR:

The CDC updated its website on Friday to reflect the latest scientific evidence, writing that "people who are fully vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccine can travel safely within the United States.”

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...nessential-tri

Nikki is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell My Personal Information


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:25 AM.