Wardrobe information for weather in February

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After being in BA, I will be in the Bariloche region for 9 days in mid February. The weather sites say it is an average of 65 degrees. However, averages can be misleading. I am wondering what kind of clothes I will need as it is so very warm in Buenos Aires. Do I really need a fall or early spring type jacket and do I need more than one pair of long pants or are capris more appropriate. I am hoping that it will be warmer than 65 but please let me know if I am dreaming.
Thank you!
Shayna
Old Nov 18th, 2009, 04:41 AM

Shyanak, I will be there too, and my research has been quite different than yours. I'm thinking that Buenos Aires will be very hot , and still very warm in the evening.
I have bought a long cotton broomstick skirt to wear. I'm hoping that will be cool enough. ...yet appropriate.

As for Bariloche , I think it's going to be much cooler, as it's in the mountains. I'm thinking more jeans and even a light jacket. I'm taking a fleecy jacket for the boat rides and the evenings.
If you look at photos of people there, they have on jackets when on the boats.
Old Nov 18th, 2009, 08:12 AM

The weather is unpredictable in our South. When boarding a boat, you most certainly need a jacket, because out in the middle of the lake it can get very windy.

Have a great time in our country.
Old Nov 18th, 2009, 10:14 AM

We were there in March one year, the days were nice and warm, (70s) the evening cooled off, so my advice is to layer, layer, layer. A short sleeve shirt w/a sweater or light jacket should do it. I was wearing capris during the day, long pants at night.
Old Nov 19th, 2009, 12:40 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
We were in Bariloche last March and it was warm during the days, cooler at night.Looking at our photos, in the daytime we wore short sleeves, my husband wore shorts, I wore capris.. Long pants, long sleeves, sweater at night, light weight jackets on the boat trip to Chile.We were able to carry on one bag each for the three week trip, including clothes for a wedding, no warm or heavy clothing needed..Enjoy your trip!