Travel to Bochalema, Cucuta

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2024, 04:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I am hopeful to visit friends in Bochalema. We will fly from the United States to Bogota and then to Cucuta. Our friends will pick us up at the airport in Cucuta, then we will drive to Bochelema. Currently, the travel advisory near Cucuta is a 4. Of course, we will take precautions (traveling with a native, not wearing flashy clothing, etc.) My husband does not want us to go, worried about the violence in the area. He also feels we will be a bigger target due to being American. I am looking for advice from people who have been to this area of Colombia. Thank you.
Old Jan 21st, 2024, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife and I travelled all over Colombia but it was a few years ago. Contrary to what we read in the press at the time, we felt entirely safe and encountered no problems.

Not sure why your husband feels he will be a bigger target being an "American"? Unless he wears a Stars and Stripes tee shirt, how will anyone know?

That said, if your government have issued an advisory saying "do not travel" , why would you go against that recommendation? If you do travel then your travel insurance would be void.