Reload this Page >

LETS ALL QUIT WORKING AND TRAVEL, TRAVEL, TRAVEL

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 08:05 AM
I M Sick

How many other people are like me and hate their job and all the day to day mickey mouse BS that goes along with it? How many work at a job that they hate, with people that are idiots or geeks, only to pay for their travel habits? Why don't we all just quit working and spend the rest of our life traveling? Work...who needs it?!?!?!?!?!?

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 08:14 AM
janice

OK I quit just now...told my boss to take this job and shove it..I am off to Europe tomorrow to hitchhike around.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 08:25 AM
Sherry

o.k. I already quit my job. Now, tell me how will I finance all of this travel?

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 08:31 AM
no job - no $$$

I'm already unemployed and have been so for a couple months. Time to travel? YES ! Money ??? Sorry to say that I'm not one of those three people holding a winning lottery ticket from the Big Game. Any other ideas on how to finance a big adventure?<BR><BR>

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 08:56 AM
xxx

I know: lets get together and rob banks!<BR>Just like Butch Cassidy and SunDance Kid ! That will be fun ! Who's with me ?

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 09:05 AM
paul newman

Too risky. Butch & Sundance did not worry about their escapades being video taped on bank cameras. How about setting up an "800" number? Or an adults only website? Better yet, exercise Enron accounting methodology at your job.<BR>

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 09:25 AM
not

I work for a criminal defense lawyer. believe me, don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 10:38 PM
Robert Redford

There's got to be something.<BR>Can't do the 9 to 5 thing anymore.<BR>They don't have bank cameras in eastern Europe. Do they ?

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 07:16 AM
paul newman

we had a tough enough time trying to conduct business with that bank in bolivia ! my hungarian/german/slavic language skills are non-existent. <BR>

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 07:39 AM
me

how about we become travel writers, travel show hosts, hotel and restaurant reviewers...i would happily get up every morning to a job like that!<BR><BR

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 08:08 AM
Better

I think we should all take a lesson from the Italians & French. All the worker bees go on strike demanding 6 weeks vacation per year regardless of time on job, etc. I don't understand why people in the US settle for a measly 2 weeks a year to call their own. It's not enough.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 11:01 AM
xxx

I get 5 weeks vacation a year - unfortunately, I don't make enough money to go to Europe all 5 weeks! I have managed to go 1 week a year, but I'll be headed there more often as soon as my ship comes in!

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 02:22 PM
Debbie

Tomorrow is my last day! I gave notice 5 weeks ago and will be taking 6 months off to travel. I have about 3 three weeks to relax around home and then head for Europe in mid may. It has been a long time dream and should be wonderful!

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 03:08 PM
po

Sounds very good to me, especially considering the day I just had. First, we are told that we are all now required to work mandatory overtime of at least 10% (more preferred) and of course since we are on salary, no extra pay or comp time for that. Then to top it off, I had my review and even through rated at top or rating scale, was told that there were to be no raises this year except for a few people (and we can all guess that the managers and directors all got their raises sure enough). So, no raise, mandatory overtime, and not even a thank you. So, yes lets all travel.<BR><BR>By the way for the curious, this company is on of the BLUEST of BLUE chips and is a darling of the business world....what a farce it really is.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 03:18 PM
is it?

eh, the BLUEST of the BLUE chips? Hmmmmm, perhaps you refer to the really blue company, the really BIG BLUE? Hmmmm interesting

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 03:26 PM
Happy

Poor I Am Sick, try to get a better job that you don't hate, there must be something out there that you like to do that will pay well. It is a shame to waste your life in a job you hate, go out and get a better one!

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 09:09 PM
Robert Redford

No lanuage skills ? We'll just get a girl to translate.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 08:30 AM
no job - no $$$

--<BR>Sigh -- Wouldst we all get a job that we love??? Do tell, po, is your company THE BIG BLUE ? I want to make sure that I'm not including anyone on my preferred employer list that will dump me on the street in a couple years, as did the major telecomm used to be my employer (once upon a time known as THE PHONE COMPANY).<BR>

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 08:39 AM
karen

I M Sick - I would love to just quit my job and have the priviledge of traveling whenever the urge came over me unfortunately money isn't going to be falling from the heavens any time soon. Anyone care to take care of me in the style in which I would like to be accustomed to?? LOL

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 12:14 PM
Therese

I love my job (mostly), and if I were to quit I wouldn't get to travel as much. I leave Monday for Germany. Everything paid for by my hosts in return for my giving a lecture.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -