Tour or travel compapnies

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone had good luck with travel agency help to find interesting places to stay. We having been having some difficulty communicating efficiently with the place that was referred to us. We need hotels and someone who has good ideas about things like where the nice hotels that are not too touristy and where the activities might be in Bariloche and where the good Estancia's near Bariloche might be.
Also- is Patagonia too far?
Thanks!
Old Jul 5th, 2009, 11:09 PM

For tour company reviews try typing " argentina tour" in the search box in the top right corner of this page. That should start you off with yield plenty of results.
Also, is Patagonia too far from where?
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 08:29 AM

If you have not done so yet, I would suggest that you get a couple of Guide Books and do some research. There are maps in guide books and you can see where things are also.
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 10:08 AM

I would suggest WOW Argentina. They arrange trips for the whole country and use higher end hotels etc. The guides they arranged for me in BA were excellent.
Old Jul 7th, 2009, 01:21 PM

WOW Argentina did a great job on our trip to Argentina 2 years ago.

Read what others have to say about them: http://www.fodors.com/community/sout...experience.cfm
Old Jul 7th, 2009, 03:20 PM

My vote for WOW
They are a young couple of travel agents that have been in the business for several years. I have worked for many agencies for more than 7 years and WOW is the one I find to be the most professional. Their site is www.wowargentina.com
I'm sure Cintia or her husband Matias will assist you with every detail of your trip and answer any enquiry you may have. It's true what teach2travel says that they use higher end hotels, but it all depends on your budget, just let them know and they will come up with great options
In case you are interested, I've heard that they're also working with other South American countries such as Peru, Brazil or Chile.
Have a nice trip!
Old Jul 7th, 2009, 04:21 PM

Yes, I should have said that they do high end, but when I said I wanted a less expensive option for part of the trip, they found that. I stayed at the Argenta Tower and it was a great choice for the busy sight seeing part of my trip.
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 06:23 AM

Hmmm... tour agencies... It completely depends what you need... for accommodation I would definitely recommend minihostels, they'll also give you tips on accommodation! and then I would go for a young, local agency called bsas4u for sightseeing, flights and the rest of it! Both these are affordable, helpful and reliable...
How long are you planning to stay? Patagonia isnt TOO far if you have a good amount of time and you could also consider flying, its not that expensive nowadays... It’s a beautiful place and a main tourist destination in Argentina!

Have a great time!
Old Jul 10th, 2009, 04:41 PM

Hi!

I would, for sure try traveljewish.com
This is a US based agency with offices in Buenos Aires, for what, if there is anything you need, they will help you right there.
Patagonia is big. Where in Patagonia are you looking to go?
You have to take a flight from Buenos Aires to Patagonia if that answers your question.
www.traveljewish.com

Kind regards,

Carla
Old Jul 16th, 2009, 06:28 AM

Whatever you do, don't use Latour as a tour company. They don't communicate well, either. After 5 weeks of trying to plan with them, with very little communication from their end, the trip is a no-go. They could not get the itinerary right, or make simple changes. They just kept wanting me to pay the $10,000 for the trip. When they couldn't get it right, the reservations expired, and I never heard from Latour or the American Express agent who was supposedly my agent. I had spent $1,600 on Brazil visas and travel immunizations. Poor service.