Sheraton Iguazu and restaurants

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My DW and I are taking a ten day trip to Buenos Aires, Iguazu and Rio next month to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. This is the first South America trip for both of us as we've primarily only been to Europe for overseas travel. I've found a lot of great posts to help our planning for BA and Rio, but I've got one hole (for now) - Where to eat in Iguazu? We are not hardcore foodies but enjoy fun restaurants. We'll only be in the park for two days/nights, we're staying at the Sheraton, and won't have a car. Is our best bet just to do dinner at the hotel, or are there other fun options relatively nearby? Is it easy to taxi up to Puerto Iguazu, or should we just stay by the falls as we only have two days there? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old Sep 7th, 2012, 01:31 PM

In Puerto Iguazu, La Rueda 1975 Restaurante http://www.larueda1975.com is a good choice and it's just ¼-block off the bus route. The bus will take you from the Sheraton into town. Tell the driver you want La Rueda and he should stop at the intersection (I think there is a signal) and point to the right. Once you get off, it's just a few steps to the restaurant. By the time you finish dinner, the bus has probably stopped running, but the restaurant will be glad to call you a taxi.

Old Sep 8th, 2012, 11:23 AM
jgg

We also stayed at the Sheraton Iguazu. We had a taxi take us into Puerto Iguazu for dinner at El Quincho. We had fabulous steak dinner and it was fun and lively. It cost us 130 pesos for a roundtrip taxi ride and the taxi driver waited for us while we ate dinner. Here is a link to my trip report which also includes pictures: http://www.fromhometoroam.com/catego...ica/argentina/
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Original Poster

Orlando & jgg - Thanks for the suggestions and links! Great blogs about your travels too. Sounds like it's pretty simple to get to Puerto Iguazu, and you can't beat less than $30 for RT cab fare.
Old Sep 8th, 2012, 06:52 PM

"and you can't beat less than $30 for RT cab fare."

Yes you can if you take the local bus from the Sheraton into town. It was 2007 and I think the fare equivalent was $2 (US).

Old Sep 9th, 2012, 06:15 AM

I just want to second the recommendation to go to Puerto de Iguazu for dinner and a stroll (you could even have the taxi driver take you to 3 Frontiers on the way for a quick view - it is only a few minutes outside of town). And La Rueda was one of our favorite restaurants in town.