Recommendations for tours of Argentina

Old May 17th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recommendations for tours of Argentina

My husband and I have recently decided its in our budget to take a trip to Argentina this summer. (I'm a teacher so that limits our travel time options, and we are booking sort of last minute, I know.) We would love to hit a ski resort for a day tops, and since we are overwhelmed by what Argentina has to offer we are interested in a tour of an area, such as the lake district. Any recommendations on good tour sites? We are looking for something reasonably priced, and since we're young, hostels are not out of the question. Thanks trusty fodors people!
Old May 18th, 2010, 04:26 AM

www.argentinaforless.com

based on time and budget

Bariloche Iguazu Salta BsAs my favs...
Old May 18th, 2010, 12:35 PM

You could fly to Bariloche, rent a car and go ski one day, and see the sights other days.

Check out our blog for lots of information on the Lakes District.

http://livinginpatagonia.com/
Old May 20th, 2010, 05:52 PM

If you are looking for good wines, colourful mountains diverse landscapes, good food, and sunny days, evene in winter, just consider sone days in the NW of Argnetina. Saltga and Jujuy have those sceneries you can hardly capture with any camera.
Enjoy it,
Flitnstones
Old May 31st, 2010, 06:38 PM

For skiing you can opt for Las Leñas in Mendoza (intermediate to expert level preferred), or Bariloche in Patagonia. We could not ski in our trip as we traveled in January (summer in Argentina) but if budget allows we will be visiting this beautiful country again in next July to of course enjoy its ski resorts!!! .

Fred of www.argentinaexplorationjourneys.com will surely be organizing our second trip to Argentina. Our first trip was the best ever!!! So I highly recommend him and his company to everyone!!

Good luck and enjoy the Argentinean snow!

Karen
Old Jun 2nd, 2010, 09:02 AM

I personally would nix the idea of going to the Lakes District. You'll probably run into a lot of rain. Instead hit up Los Penitentes for skiing (plus you get to be in the Andes). Then Mendoza for the vineyards. If you have time, consider a run up to Salta (which is amazing and so different but 20 hours away).

http://alongwaysouth.wordpress.com/
Old Jun 5th, 2010, 03:43 AM

http://www.welcomeargentina.com/chapelco/index_i.html

San Martin de los Andes was one of our favourite places during our 3 months in Argentina - a great, picturesque town with loads of restaurants and palces to stay. We are not skiers but there seemed to be a number of ski resorts nearby