I'm wondering if you guys think that a one week vacation in Cartagena inside the walled city is too long or not... Should we split the week into 2 destinations or does Cartagena offer easy cheap day trips to keep things interesting for a week? And how big is the walled old section, is it enough to discover new things for a few days or could it be all seen in 1 day? And finally, the plane + hotel are at a good price, but I read that it's an expensive city, what can I expect in terms of eating expenses and are there cheap grocery stores where we can buy sandwiches, fruits, nuts, cereals, etc. in order to not eat out in restaurants all the time?
I went a few years back to Puerto Vallarta and stayed in the old section of the city, and I did a few easy excursions by bus to Sayulita and Boca de Tomatlan... It was a great vacation for me because it was all sea front, lots of great walks, restaurants, shops, good atmosphere... It was a combination of relaxing but also sightseeing... I'm trying to see if Cartagena and its day trips can offer a similar type of vacation or if it's too different... I know for sure that Cartagena is more picturesque which is a big plus.
Also besides Puerto Vallarta, how would destinations like Havana and Panama City compare to Cartagena in your opinion in terms of experience for 1 week vacation... I've never been but I'm considering them too... Thanks
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 MICROSOFT OFFICE 365 $ renewal Contact $ 1888~279 0246 Tec*h care 24*7
- 2 Advice on Chile itinerary
- 3 Santiago/Valparaiso/Wine Region - January 2018
- 4 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 5 Cusco Hotel Suggestions
- 6 Chiloe in January - need input!
- 7 Argentina in January (fingers crossed)!
- 8 Advice on Peru Itninerary
- 9 Some tips to get to MP.
- 10 need help with my Peru Itinerary : Cusco, Puno Arequipa
- 11 Wanting tips for trip to Brazil
- 12 Private driver Mendoza?
- 13 Chile -Valparaiso to San Antonio Chile by car
- 14 Torres del Paine - Jan 2018
- 15 Where to spend Christmas & New Year's Eve in Argentina
- 16 Galapagos Islands, a paradise
- 17 last-minute Argentina planning questions
- 18 Advice needed for Colombia
- 19 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 20 La Boca safety question
- 21 San Pedro de Atacama
- 22 My trip report from Argentina
- 23 More Colombia Itinerary help - beaches
- 24 Travel to brazil under Duel Passports
- 25 Considering 2019 eclipse tour with Astro Trails