Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > South America
Reload this Page >

Mendoza Itinerary Questions - please help!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2024, 09:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello!
We are staying at Cavas Wine Lodge for a few nights and have questions about wineries, restaurants, and activities we are interested in if anyone has advice:

Wine Tasting/Lunch in Lujan de Cuyo Questions (2 days / 3 per day?)
  • Top 6 not to miss wineries (and which 2 to have lunch at?)
  • Were recommended Ojo de Agua, Ruca Malen, Susana Balbo, Pulenta, Catena*(if avail),Norton, Piattelli, Terrazas, Lagarde but trying to narrow it down to 3 per day
  • Are any of these better for dinner?
Dinner Restaurant Questions

We wanted to do dinner in Mendoza for 2 night and trying to decide
  • 1884 or Siete Fuegos??
    • I’m torn here. We have a dinner reservation at 7 Fuegos on a day trip to Uco Valley. This was high on my list but I’ve read so many reviews that it’s overrated, that the environment is sterile and feels like any hotel restaurant. Some people talk about the incredible view but it will be for dinner so there won’t really be a view. Also we are paying extra for our driver to stay while we have dinner so if it’s better to skip Siete Fuegos and dine at 1884 in Mendoza instead? (For lunch this day we are going to La Azul)
  • 1884 or Azafran (skip Siete Fuegos?)
  • Casa Vigil Restaurant or Angelica Maestro Cocina? Or are these better lunch options?
  • La Central Vermutería or Fuente y Fonda? (Local recommended this and we wanted something less formal for the last night that wasn’t more steak)
High Mountain Andes Road Trip / Ruta 7

- This is a long day with a lot of driving (3 hours there with stops and 2 hours back) so want to know if it’s worth it if we won’t actually be hiking in the park? We were Considering doing the short Hike to Laguna Horcones but I think it needs to be booked in advance and we are 100% sure if it will be too long of a day to do that

- Other option is scrap going all the way to Aconcagua and just go to Potrerillos/Upsallata and do horseback riding around there? Or is the full drive on Rt 7 not to miss?

Horseback Riding and Wine Tasting

- Would love to do horse back riding but only for 1-2 hours and not all day. If we don’t do on the Ruth 7 drive, then we can do this a different day followed by wine tastings.

-However, I see vineyard rides but some of the photos look like their on the street and not mountain views so would love a recommendation where we can just drive to a ranch, ride a couple hours and be on our way to do more wine tasting