Looking for feedback on Mil Restaurant in Cusco

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12th, 2024, 12:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Understand that this is a "big deal" restaurant. Has anyone been? Looking for first hand experiences.
Old Apr 15th, 2024, 03:45 PM
kja

I didn’t go to Mil — I canceled a reservation after going to Central, which I found completely unacceptable. Ridiculously rushed service, even after multiple requests for a slower pace and frankly mundane food. JMO.
Old Apr 15th, 2024, 11:40 PM

Firstly Mil is not in Cusco but near Moray some 50Km away. It is a wonderful part of Peru but a long way to go for a meal. We lived in nearby Urumbamba and Ollantaytambo for a couple of months whilst doing some volunteering and it used to take us a couple of hours each way to Cusco - I suppose that is ok if staying in either of those places

I haven't been to Mil but some friends did visit a few months ago and were not that impressed. We share restaurant recommendations a lot and I do value her opinions as we have tried many of her recommendations over the years and they are invariable spot on.

Having travelled in Peru for extended periods over many years, I fee lthe country provides the best cuisine on the South American continent and are better at the high end than most other SA countries BUT it is not what they do best. Some are great, like Astrid and Gaston in Lima and its little sisters, Chicha por Gaston Acurio in Cusco and Arequipa but the best cuisine Peru has to offer is in simple food in small restaurants and even street and market stalls rather than the tasting menu experiences.

If you do go, please do come back and lets us know how it went.

Old Apr 16th, 2024, 07:19 AM

I have been to Mil restaurant on my Peru trip. While the trip in general was amazing, and the location is absolutely out of this world, I agree with the above comments the food was only average at Mil and definitely not what I was expecting for the price. We went to so many other restaurants on the trip at a fraction of the cost yet with with better service and incredible food.