Itinerary

Apr 22nd, 2019, 02:09 PM
Original Poster

Itinerary

More or less we are done planning. So here we go. Fly nonstop from Toronto to Lima and get there around 1:30am on June 7th. On June 10th fly LATAM to Cusco and spend the 10th and 11th before our 4 day Inca Trail Hike. On the 16th fly to Arequipa with the only flight offered by LATAM getting to Arequipa at 0800. On the 17th a 4 day journey to Colca Canyon and Puno. Catch a
LATAM flight from Puno to Lima on the 20th. At 3:40am leave Lima for Toronto on the 21st. There are a number of flights leaving Juliaca for Lima, so I picked the 2nd flight leaving 4 others as backup. Only have one day to enjoy Arequipa but unfortunately canít extend our time in Peru. Should I leave something out?
Apr 22nd, 2019, 04:19 PM
kja

Originally Posted by dhoffman14 View Post
On June 10th fly LATAM to Cusco and spend the 10th and 11th before our 4 day Inca Trail Hike.
Doesn't sound like you are giving yourselves much time to acclimate to altitude. Consider going straight from Cusco to Ollantaytambo, which should give you a better chance of acclimating than the higher Cusco.
Apr 22nd, 2019, 07:26 PM

Hiking the Inca Trail..can you drop a night in Lima and add a third night before the trek to sleep in Pisac before then sleeping 2 nights in Cusco? I think most trek companies want minimum of 2 in Cusco but more is better

Last edited by mlgb; Apr 22nd, 2019 at 07:29 PM.
Apr 22nd, 2019, 07:38 PM

Just wondering about the routing after Cusco..Did you not "find" the buses I mentioned in my reply to allow you to go from Puno to Arequipa via Chivay? I thought you were originally going to transfer from Cusco to Puno by bus or train, spend a night, then you could continue via 4M to Chivay, overnight, bus mid day to Arequipa the following day, and fly back Arequipa to Lima. That would save the wasted day flying Cusco to Arequipa (and having to go via Juliaca airport on the return to Lima).
Apr 23rd, 2019, 05:11 PM
kja

Originally Posted by mlgb View Post
Hiking the Inca Trail..can you drop a night in Lima and add a third night before the trek to sleep in Pisac before then sleeping 2 nights in Cusco? I think most trek companies want minimum of 2 in Cusco but more is better
It seems I gave poor information about going to Ollantaytambo first -- my apologies!
Thank goodness for experts like mlgb!