Search

Iguazu questions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iguazu questions

Hello everyone,
My friend and I are going to Argentina in October and would like to know how long it takes to go between the two airports in Buenos Aires. Also how far is the airport in Iguzau from the falls? I've tried looking up this information before I posted, but couldn't find any concrete details. Thanks in advance...
producerkoof
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 11:24 AM

I believe the flight is about two hours from BA. I am traveling there in October from Rio and the airport is not very far from the park. My travel agent said it will take approximately an hour and a half to get through customs, as we are staying in Argentina, but it really is only about 30 miles (give or take) from the airport.
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 03:39 PM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
It took us about 20 minutes to get from the IF airport to the Sheraton at the falls.
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 05:01 AM

The travel time between EZE, the international airport and AEP the domestic airport depends on the time of day. Averaging i45 minutes to one hour. We are returning to BA in October and going to the Iguazu also. We are not staying at the Sheraton b/c it is not worth $300 a night. We are staying at a B&B, Los Troncos which is approx $100 for a hut about 20 minutes from the airport and the falls. The owner is arranging an airport pickup and also a trip by taxi to the Brazil side of the falls. Check lan.com to buy tickets. Two weeks ago the fare was $279 rt BA.
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 08:54 AM

yestravel -- I am staying at the Sheraton and flying into IGU from Manaus. Did the hotel arrange a taxi for you to go through the border or did you just grab one at the airport? How much did it cost? Thanks.
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 09:09 AM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
We flew to IF Arg side from BA so no border crossing. Our taxi from the airport to the Sheraton was arranged by a travel agent in BA. We used a travel agent for parts of that trip. It was not expensive, but I don't recall the exact cost. It was also a few years ago and having just been to ARg again in Nov, I know prices really went up. I would check with the Sheraton as I bet they could arrange a car for u if u want one.
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 01:16 PM

The ride between EZE int'l airport and the domestic one should take longer than 45min-1 hour. Specially if it's on a weekend. However, if you are travelling on a weekday I suggest you consider more time due to traffic in the highways.
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 01:44 PM

Hello,

It's advisable to have 4 hours between arriving in EZE and leaving from Aeroparque (or the other way around of course!), that way you'll have enough time to clear customs, get to the other one and check in on time, it all takes longer than you'd think!