Iguazu Falls logistics

Search

Iguazu Falls logistics

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14th, 2018, 09:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iguazu Falls logistics

We will arrive at Puerto Iguazu (IGR) at 8:35 p.m. on a Wednesday (from Buenos Aires). We return to Buenos Aires on Friday, leaving from IGR at 8:10 p.m.

On a friend's excited recommendation, we made a reservation at the Belmond on the Brazil side.

If we keep that reservation:

1. What is the best way to get to our hotel from the airport (we will have gotten our Brazil e-visas in advance)?
2. Since I understand the Brazil side is good for 1/2 day of "views" (plus the bird park, but I have a bird phobia, so we'll probably skip that), do you recommend that we spend the first morning (Thursday) on the Brazil side of the park, and the afternoon at the hotel, then spend the next day (Friday) on the Argentina side of the park? If we do that, should we plan to return to the hotel for dinner and to get our bags and then head to the airport, or should we take our stuff with us (we'd have to hire a driver for all day if we do that because we'll have our suitcases as well as our trekking duffels with us).

If we do not keep the Belmond reservation,

1) where would you suggest we stay on the Argentina side?
2) If we stay on the Argentina side, we would take a taxi to the Brazil side and back the first morning, and spend the rest of Thursday and Friday on the Argentina side.

Thanks for your help.