Igauzu Falls

Old Dec 21st, 2019, 02:34 PM
Original Poster

Igauzu Falls

i am going to IF this time next year. Is it better to go from Rio or Beunos Aries? Any recommended companies to use?
​​​​​​​cheers
Old Dec 21st, 2019, 09:49 PM

What is the rest of your itinerary? I flew in from Rio, slept on the Argentinian side, and flew out to Montevideo via Buenos Aires.

What do you want this "recommended company" to do? I traveled independently and solo, and had no issues whatsoever (well, the power went out in my hotel for a bit because of a storm, if that would bother you check whether the hotel has a generator).
Old Dec 21st, 2019, 10:44 PM

I don’t think it matters much which city you visit from and, as suggested above, I would just see which way fits best into your itinerary. You don’t really need a company to do anything for you, everything can be sorted out very easily. We stayed in Puerto Igauzu and visited both sides of the falls from there. The first time we did it by public transport, the second we hired a car and driver to drop us off and pick us up from the entrances to the falls. Easily arranged via your hotel. The costs for a car and driver are reasonable and, whilst using te bus is straightforward, it is not as convenient.
Old Dec 25th, 2019, 08:28 AM

We also did it on our own, from Buenos Aires. We flew to Puerto Iguazu, but we were (by choice, at a fabulous hotel) staying on the Brazil side. The only part that was "difficult" (not really) was transportation. Here's what we did:

Day 1 - arrived at Puerto Iguazu and took a taxi to our hotel - stopped at both Argentina (existing) and Brazil (entering) immigration on the way to the hotel. The taxi driver took us and our passports and visas inside. I don't remember if there was a fee to enter Brazil. We had received our visas in advance, although I think visas are no longer required for Americans.

Day 2 - arranged a car through the hotel. Took us to the Argentina side of the falls, again through immigration, and picked us up at the falls at a pre-arranged time (again through immigration).

Day 3 - walked to the Brazil side of the falls from our hotel. Spent the rest of the day at the hotel. Took a taxi back to the airport (again through immigration) at Puerto Iguazu for the return flight to Buenos Aires.