Honeymoon in South America

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2018, 03:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my husband and I are embarking on a very spontaneous 6-week honeymoon in South America in August- September. We plan to start in Uruguay, and make our way up to Brazil, via Argentina but beyond that nothing is planned. For both of us this is our first time in S America. Very appreciative of any insights and tips for this trip!
Old Jul 19th, 2018, 09:53 AM

I really have only spent significant time in Peru in South American. IF you have 6 weeks to enjoy yourselves, a visit up to Cusco and a stay in a hotel in the Sacred Valley are great things for Honeymooners. That's not even mentioning the food scene in Lima -- there's some great places to indulge for Honeymooners.
Old Jul 20th, 2018, 09:53 PM
Original Poster

Great idea, thank you!!
Old Jul 21st, 2018, 12:41 AM

Congratulations!

We have travelled a lot in South America and have spent a lot of time in Argentina, a little in Uruguay but have only briefly crossed the border to Brazil at Iguazu. Is there any particular reason you have chosen those countries. It would help others to help you if you could provide a little more info on what interests you e.g. food & wine, scenery, wildlife, beaches, mountains, jungle ancient cultures etc.

Also, are you looking for luxury accomodation or decent en suite hostal type places ( or a combination of both)

Peru, as suggested above, has an abundance of stuff to see and do and is also one of te easier countries in which to travel in South America. It s also one of my favourites - along with Argentina, Colombia and Bolivia.

Here is a link to our blog of our most recent travels https://accidentalnomads.com if you click te destination tab, then South America and then the country you will find lots of photos, detail and maybe some inspiration.

Distances are vast in SA and travel can take time. Six weeks will allow plenty of time to see the highlight a couple of countries in some amount of depth. Three countries will possibly stretch your time a little too thinly. Weather patterns vary widely from north to south and by altitude so it really does pay to factor this into you planning.
Old Jul 25th, 2018, 08:38 PM

Well south america is a good place for honeymoon there are pretty good choices like Chile, Uruguay, Brazil. But it will cost you very much as compares to any asian or an European trip. so in my suggestion You can Choose so other destination in the South East Asia. If not then New Zealand and Fiji would be a perfect choice.
Old Jul 25th, 2018, 11:36 PM

The above post is wrong on so many levels it is breathtaking!
Old Jul 26th, 2018, 04:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks crellston, for your reply and for sharing your blog - I've enjoyed reading it!
We choose these countries as my husband has work in Uruguay, and we've both always wanted to go to Argentina. Brazil seemed like a natrual addition as we have 6 weeks.
Our interests are live music, art, history, food & wine, beaches. Where our interests differ slightly - I love dancing (tango, salsa) and he likes nature.
For accomodation, I'd say we are looking for a combination of both - but mostly mid-range hotels or Airbnb.
Thanks again for your insights and tips.