HIP - BACK problems.....Relief !

Mar 15th, 2015, 08:18 AM
Original Poster

HIP - BACK problems.....Relief !

I came to BsAs this year with pain in my hip/back. I was so busy with Thanksgiving and Christmas, just before we left for our 3 month sejour here in BsAs, that I neglected to have it tended to. And walking around in Buenos Aires in verano is one of my favorite ways to pass the miserable NE winter, in the US.

So, chin up, keep on walking. Not wise, as this led to unhappy tendons and more discomfort. So, take a pain killer....OK, but then an allergic reaction to so much Advil/Aspirin.....Yikes !

What to do ? Check the internet, of course, for good exercises for such dilemas....nice, but not much relief. By good fortune, a Porteno-Fodors friend, AV Rooster, saw my rather gimpy gait and asked about it....he recommended a Doctor of Osteopathy who had been of great help to him, his DW and to others.

So, nothing to lose, I got in touch with LUCIANO NOCETTI whose offices are in Palermo Viejo and Olivos. The office on Uriarte and Goritti is simple, spanking clean and in a good location. I went in and found Luciano (there is an informality, kindness and concern that makes one feel a bit better from the get go) to be very competent, quite professional - and IT WORKED ! Plus, he speaks English.

After the first session, I could bend and walk better....and the nighttime discomfort was greatly lessened. I had 3 sessions when, moving about quite well and with comfort for the most part, he thought I could continue the exercises he had shown me, and did not need to come in again. I pleaded with him to see me twice more before I leave BA....he agreed and continues on the treatment, adding some other areas that are also smiling now (neck, for example).

So, I highly recommend Luciano Nocetti to any visitor or ex- pat with such difficulties. His knowledge of anatomy, of course, and medicine, are completmented by an appreciation of Eastern Medicine Techniques....you can just feel the difference.

Now, if only I could take him home with me !!! [email protected]
Mar 15th, 2015, 10:05 AM

Hi, Marnie!

I'm quite pleased to hear Luciano's treatment worked for you!

Correcting Luciano's e-mail: [email protected]

Have a great time in my country.
Mar 15th, 2015, 06:49 PM

Wow, Marnie, so sorry you were aching down there in BA - but so happy you found someone who helped you! What a wonderful network fodors is, indeed.

Think it may almost be safe to come back to DC now. . . spring seems to be in the air . . at last.
Mar 16th, 2015, 04:35 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, Glover. I look forward to sharing travel tories with you and Yestravel when I return. A Fodorites Lunch in WDC.
Mar 16th, 2015, 05:39 AM

Wow, av comes through again! Glad you're doing so much better. Seems to be spring here in NC too, but I don't know that I trust it yet.
Mar 16th, 2015, 06:25 AM
Original Poster

AV Rooster always comes through....for his friends and for the posters on this or another Forum.

He is the informal - informed ambassador to the English Speaking travel community for Argentina.
Mar 16th, 2015, 01:05 PM

Greetings Marnie! Sorry to hear of your aches and pains and hope you are all OK now. Nice memories of my trip to BA one year ago.
Mar 16th, 2015, 01:15 PM

MarnieWDC - so glad you got relief. Richard is a great believer in osteopaths.....an under appreciated specialty.

Home soon?
Mar 17th, 2015, 03:43 AM
Original Poster

Yes, leaving BA in one week Best to you both; I hope Spring has sprung in Canada.