Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dulce de Leche Ice Cream

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/nota.asp?nota_id=1321856

I'm sorry, only in Spanish.

Enjoy!
Old Nov 5th, 2010, 11:09 AM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
ahhhh..I'm certainly not fluent in Spanish, but I got the gist of the article and my mouth is watering! thanks, AV
Old Nov 5th, 2010, 12:38 PM

We can get La Nacion translated... roughly sometimes but it helps. I copied it here for you ..

By Luis Podesta
J
Define what is the best dulce de leche ice cream is a complicated task: arouses passions and controversies in any table of friends. Joy was proposed to settle the issue once and for all and came out tasting plan to look for the occupants of the podium.

This is the result.

1. CADORE is perhaps the most traditional ice cream shop in Buenos Aires. The dulce de leche ice cream is a type cinnamon brown, and is prepared based on a dulce de leche made "in house", reduced milk, sugar, vanilla pod and cream? For fourteen hours! Price per kilo: $ 58. (Av. Corrientes 1695, Downtown)

2. Chung's recipe for winning the award for best dulce de leche ice cream in Mercoláctea 2010, including dulce de leche ice cream (thicker than the butler), milk and cream of high quality. The result? Brown ice cream with milk, thick, powerful and strong, suitable for gourmands. Price per kilo: $ 56.

3. JAUJA Originally from El Bolson, since 1982 produces excellent ice bill. The dulce de leche ice cream has a light coffee color. It is prepared with fresh milk provided by San Ignacio and milk from dairy farms in Patagonia. Not as sweet as others and a strong fat content. Price per kilo: $ 56. (Cervino 3901, Palermo Botanical)

4. Persicco All in the family. The chain is headed by young children of Aversa and Guarracino (ex Freddo). The dulce de leche ice cream is tasty, light coffee color, firm texture and taste similar to Volta, in terms of intensity. It is not at all cloying. Price per kilo: $ 65.

5. A VOLTA ALTRA has the know-how of one of the founding families of Freddo. The color is chestnut ice cream, is noted for its particularly intense flavor and high fat content (this is good because it talks about the amount of cream used in the process.) Price per kilo: $ 62.

6. Via Flaminia Antonio Capraro and his daughters are in the business since 1965 and make the ice cream a cult. The dulce de leche ice cream, a sandy yellow color, is made with whole milk and a sweet fluid provided by a factory in Cordoba, whose name kept with jealous secrecy. Price per kilo: $ 58. (Avenida del Libertador 14699, Martinez)

7. Freddo When Guarracino Juan Luis Aversa and opened the first store in 1969, they never imagined they were making history. Dulce de leche is brown bronze, medium texture, nothing cloying. The flavor is an intense finish. A classic. Price per kilo: $ 65.

8. ARKAKAO Born in Aosta, Italy, recently opened a new store in Recoleta. The ice creams are repaired without dyes, additives, chemicals or preservatives. Dulce de leche is excellent, dark beige, creamy texture and fuller than the competition. Price per kilo: $ 65. (Quintana 188, Recoleta)

9. MONTE OLIVIA opened 46 years ago in a corner of the Plaza Arenales, in Devoto. Is commanded by the master gelato maker Joseph Giuffrida, suspicious of his recipes. To make ice cream using milk La Serenissima. The result is a sweet golden brown milk, soft but with good fat content. Price per kilo: $ 60. (Fernández de Enciso 3999, Villa Devoto)

10. OLYMPIC BAKERY Lea is in charge of Zord, which prepares the ice every day, without preservatives. Its sweet milk is famous. It is dark beige, very soft texture and not at all heavy. Here you can chow a kilo almost without realizing it. Formula used in the San Ignacio Dulce de Leche. Price per kilo: $ 60. (Avenida de Mayo 752, Centro)
Old Nov 5th, 2010, 01:20 PM

Now I'm really hungry! This goes into my file for our trip! thanks for the translation, Scarlett.
Old Nov 13th, 2010, 12:30 PM

Rosmari in Salta and the famous *banados de chocolate* are my favorite and the favorite of many visitors.
Ninfa FIli and her Ninos in Salta are great but nothing like the wine icecream at Miranda's in Cafayate.
You should also try the Banana with dulce de leche and the fruity ones. TUNA is fantastic also!
If you come to Salta do not miss them!
Flintstones
Old Nov 13th, 2010, 05:15 PM

Now I really need to plan another trip to Argentina. Everyone knows I LOVE dulce de leche, but in ice cream, it must be heavenly.
Old Nov 14th, 2010, 04:19 PM

A little place opened on Las Heras some months ago and we went tonight and picked up ice cream. . some sort of wonderful double chocolate dulce de leche mix.. who can remember the name? I was in sugar/chocolate shock!
Old Nov 14th, 2010, 06:36 PM

hmmmm...just wondering, how many times a day I will be able to eat icecream. Think 3 times a day might be a be a bt excessive???
Old Nov 15th, 2010, 09:24 AM

yestravel, when we first arrived here to live ... we would stop at Freddo's for coffee in the mornings. They brought us tiny bits of ice cream with our coffee and croissant ..
Wherever you go, they have it and then there are all these places you can buy it .. keep it in the fridge .. don't fight it .. just give in to it
Old Nov 15th, 2010, 09:32 AM

I think Freddos needs to go on my every growing list --sort of like my ever growing waist will be after visiting BA...
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 09:51 AM

On our first trip to Buenos Aires, one evening we were craving helado and one of the young men who worked in our hotel we had made friends with offered to arrange to have some delivered to the hotel. He ordered for us and was much more generous than we would have been if ordering ourselves. We had an absolutely incredible ice cream binge in our room. One of our many favorite memories of BsAs, a city we love.

Thanks for the memories avrooster! This time last year, we were planning for our return to BsAs. We will never forget the special tour you gave us, lunch with you and your wife and walking around San Telmo on that fun-filled Sunday!
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 10:32 AM

Giovanna, what a great memory ! An Ice Cream binge in a hotel ...
We will have to duplicate that next trip we take, it has a nice sound to it
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 11:05 AM

Scarlett: I highly recommend it. It really was fun. I think we actually had some dulce de leche and a couple other flavors, with all kinds of sprinkles for toppings. No wonder I don't wear 10s anymore!
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 11:07 AM

Mmmm, It all sounds so good!

Giovanna, my daughters have warned me of the dangers (to the waistline!) of having ice cream delivered, and pizza, and empanadas...
Something to look forward to- So much temptation, so little time...
Old Nov 20th, 2010, 10:25 AM

Marcy, my husband recommends Chocolate Volta ( I am always trying to figure out what flavors are in it , dark chocolate, banana? cherry? dulce de leche definitely .. ) with all the walking you will do, ice cream calories don't last.