Disapointing Nasca Lines flight

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 01:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our Nasca Lines sightseeing flight was so dissapointing that I made to following complaint to the Peruvian authorities

I have a complaint against Nazcapuru4X4 (based in Nasca), and Aerodiana regarding our flight over the NascaLines.

We booked the flight through Nazcapuru4X4 and was assured that all passengers had a window seat for a good view of the lines – the sole object of booking the flight. We were shown a brochure of the tours with a picture of a small five seater aircraft and told that this was the type of aircraft used.

When we got to the airport we where checked in to Aerodiana and given their brouchure which showed a twelve seater aircraft with two rows of single seats so each passenger had a good view out.

However, when we boarded the aircraft we discovered that the seating was four rows of three seats wide. My wife, who was in the middle seat had a very limited view of the Lines as when the aircraft banked to the left the person on her left leaned forward and turned his his shoulders thus blocking her view and similarly when the aircraft banked to the right her view was blocked in the same way.

After the flight we made a verbal complaint to the booking agent but got very little satisfaction. In fact they were very dismissive and I got the impression that we were not the first to complain. In view of this I now I want to make a formal complaint about this matter as it entirely spoilt our stay in Nasca.

Regards
Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 02:14 PM

Based on your description, I feel you should be given a refund for the entire booking. You didn't get what you expected based on the brochures you described. The least they could do is refund half, since I gather you had a window seat. I'm sorry this happened, but don't drop it. As the old saying goes, "squeaky wheels get greased." Repeatedly e-mail, telephone, contact higher ups in the company. I wish you good luck. This would have been a terrible disappointment for me too.
Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 03:55 PM

I doubt you will get any reply let alone compensation. The flights over the Nazca lines are poorly regulated and no one seems to control their quality or even oversee them. This is apparent every time there is a crash; a lot of promises are made about tighter controls and regulations but it never seems to happen. I should think a lot of people complain. I hope you do hear back from someone.
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 03:21 AM

The most common bait and switch tactic used by all the touts

around the bus station at Nasca scamming the clueless.

After careful research I booked with

brabanthostalnasca.webklik.nl/page/tours-in-nasca

for $55... Nice high wing 4 place Cessna had a WONDERFUL time

Odds are great u will get nowhere with your "formal" complaint

IF you paid by CC which I always do you can dispute get credit

Otherwise you are pretty much shafted despite all complaints

You saw that the plane was not as marketed yet got on board.

Do not board next time if not as marketed...
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 03:25 AM

Also doubt it "entirely ruined" your trip

to have a partially obstructed view of the lines sometimes

You did see the wonderful mysterious Nasca lines

mysteryperu.com

Half a loaf is better than none at all.

Try to be a smidge grateful many do not see them at all.
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 08:21 AM

http://www.bbc.com/travel/blog/20111...areas-on-watch

The above link shows that this is one area where tourism is poorly managed and I hope things will improve.

I think you should have insisted on a window seat on boarding. Your wife accepted a middle seat when she sat down but take heart as at least your flight landed safely.

Any photos?