Car rental in Santiago

Old Jan 17th, 2021, 10:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car rental in Santiago

I am having a difficult time trying to find out the cost for a car rental pickup in downtown Santiago, Chile and dropping it off in downtown Valparaiso, Chile.
We want to pick up the car on December 22, 2021 in downtown Santiago, at 10:00am, and drive to Valparaiso.
We are on cruise departing Valparaiso on December 22, 2021. We would like to keep the rental car from December 22 with a return to a car rental station around 5pm on Thursday, December 23. Please recommend a company.
Does anyone know if I can keep the car on a parking lot on or near Pacifica Sur Terminal in Valparaiso the evening of Wednesday, December 22?

Thank you.
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 10:36 AM
Forum Moderator

Moved from Tech Support to South America forum and tagged for Chile
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 02:05 PM

I don't really know the answer to your question but the actual cruise terminal itself is not where the ship is docked. They shuttle you from the Terminal where you check in, back to the ship which is in an industrial area.

Try Europcar, but I think you will have to drop it off in Vina del Mar. I don't think you will want to park a car where you are thinking.

Maybe better to use a guided tour if you are just having it for one day or two days. A car is pretty much useless in the tourist-friendly parts of Valparaiso due to all of the hills.

Be sure to stay up to date on the protests around Chile.

Try tripadvisor if you don't get a reply here from the Fodor's Chile expert.

Last edited by mlgb; Jan 17th, 2021 at 02:11 PM.