Buenos Aires GTG: Noon, Friday February 25, Evita Museum Restaurant

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2011, 03:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please join us for an informal GTG if you are in Buenos Aires on February 25.
We are getting together at the Evita Museum Restaurant patio at
JM Gutierrez 3926. Palermo Botanico - Buenos Aires. (Near the zoo and the gardens.)

So far, we have Dianne & Murray from Sydney, Australia; Judy & Bob from British Columbia and Peggy & Kevin from New Brunswick. Graziella5b is tentatively confirmed.

This place gets generally very good reviews and I think the setting will be conducive to our purposes and it has the advantage of putting us in a location where, on our own, we can tour the museum or adjacent gardens before or after our luncheon.

Restaurant link:
http://museoevita.org/en/index_frame.php?id=00000000010

Reviews at guiaoleo.com:

http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/restauran...staurante-2715

SaltShaker's review:
http://www.saltshaker.net/20080923/you-must-love-me

Let me know if you care to join us, and I will advise the restaurant of our numbers.

Kevin
Old Jan 31st, 2011, 04:02 PM

I'm usually extremely busy from midday on Fridays until midday on Saturdays, but I'll see if I can make it.
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 12:55 AM

I just realized this GTG is at lunchtime. Most of the GTGs we have had were at dinner time. Lunch can be complicated for the locals. I'll see if I can make it.
Old Feb 12th, 2011, 12:59 PM

There is a twin brother thread on TA:

http://tinyurl.com/6f7rm29

In it some people who should be beyond fear of the TA gods refer to me as: "a mutual online friend of ours" and "a certain Argentinian (of the Foghorn Leghorn persuasion)".

Are they afraid of being banned by TA (as I was) just for writing the screen name "avrooster"?

Come on guys, the TA censorship cannot be as bad as that! Or is it?
Old Feb 13th, 2011, 12:53 AM
Original Poster

You are right. Let's move beyond fear, set ourselves free and call a bird a bird!
Old Feb 13th, 2011, 02:22 AM

A bird is a bird. That's a good thing to agree on. LOL!!!
Old Feb 13th, 2011, 05:58 PM

It is totally unrelated to this thread, but another post on TA calls me "a forum expert that happened to be in the same area". LOL!!!!!!!
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 02:41 AM

I MAY drop in, hikerboy, to say hello to everyone, but just for a little while, because I'm quite busy on Fridays, as said above.

Furthermore, I won't spend even one cent there, as I'm a card-carrying anti-peronist!
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 02:27 AM
Original Poster

Avrooster, I really do hope to see you there, as you are both an inspiration and a help to so many of us.
I have yet to meet an Argentinean who is as enthralled with the Perons as many foreigners are.
Call it the Andrew Lloyd Webber effect.
I'll buy you a drink, and
We won't cry for you, avrooster!

Hasta Mañana.
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 04:04 AM

I'll be forever grateful for your invitation, hikerboy, but I don't drink. Una Villa con gas, bien fría, por favor. LOL!!!

I must say you are one of the VERY FEW Americans who gets the "ñ" right! Did you cut and paste it?

Years ago, in better (?) times, when I was one of the leading posters on the TA Argentina forum (before they banned me, obviously), we had several threads on the subject, such as:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic..._District.html
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 08:55 AM

Hope you have a great GTG. We very much enjoyed ours a year ago January. avrooster was kind enough to pick us up at our hotel and drive us to and from the restaurant. We enjoyed great food and the company of wonderful tablemates! Don't know what happened at TA, but he will always be highly regarded by us!
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Original Poster

Hola avrooster.

The offer still holds, and I'm right there with you on the beverage preference. I limit my bebidas to agua con gas and Café Cortado!

You guessed right, I cut and paste to get the correct Spanish accents. I never saw a tilde I didn't like. Plus, I'm ALMOST as precise about language as you are!

We are having a wonderful time in your city. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Kevin
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 10:44 AM

Giovanna: what happened is that I have this dangerous tendency to "tell it like it is" (my version, of course).
Old Feb 25th, 2011, 08:58 AM

Vince Leghorn from Kentucky (one my nicknames) had a great time with y'all, but passed on the peronist food. LOL!!!

Let's have y'all back next year!
Old Feb 25th, 2011, 09:15 AM

Glad you were able to fit the GTG into your busy day. Would enjoy hearing more about it.
Old Feb 25th, 2011, 09:40 AM

Giovanna: I left early, so I'll leave that to hikerboy, who organized the event.
Old Feb 25th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Original Poster

Twelve of us intrepid travelers got together today as planned, enjoyed a delicious meal and shared tales of trips past, present and future in a beautifu setting. What could possibly be better?

That Kentucky rooster fooled me again! And he liked it!Dressed incognito, he was wearing an outfit as if he'd just stepped off the 18th at Augusta, and feigning his best yankee accent.

To see the GTG group photo, check this link:

http://www.thetravelzine.com/zine1.htm

Giovanna, we had folks coming and going in BsAs. It was a diverse group, including reps from OZ, Tenerife, Germany, New York, FL, Canada,Uruguay, Argentina and the UK.

It was fun crossing tangents with you all!

Kevin
Old Feb 25th, 2011, 10:21 PM

Thank you Kevin for the picture and a bit about the GTG. Ours in BsAs was all Canadians except my husband and myself, and, of course, avrooster. It poured rain that night as we left the hotel and arrived at the restaurant, but it didn't dampen any of our spirits! We had a wonderful time visiting about our travels, our adventures in BsAs (some had been elsewhere in Argentina) and had a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Glad you had such a good time too. Thanks again.
Old May 10th, 2011, 08:13 AM

Giovanna: I remember that rainy GTG with great fondness. Enjoyed everyone's company & conversation. Especially, meeting you & your DH. Hope to meet up with you both again, sometime.
We are heading back to BA, Jan/Feb 2012.

It was interesting to finally meet the infamous "Rooster Man."
Old May 10th, 2011, 09:35 AM

How good to hear from you again condu! Wonder what Miss Lizzy is up to these days. It was a very special GTG and we had a great time. It would be our pleasure to see you two again. Nothing planned at the moment, but would love to return to one of our favorite cities, BsAs!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -