Brazil Nature Tours - temporary url

Old Jan 15th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brazil Nature Tours - temporary url

FYI - Today I tried to get to the BNT website using the link in marija's trip report, and got absolutely nothing. It was a surprise since it's always worked in the past. I somehow found the pantanaltours.com url and was surprised to see the BNT webpage. I emailed and they responded they are indeed the same company but had to put up a temporary website due to hacker attacks and imbedded viruses last week. Ah, the joys of technology...
Old Jan 16th, 2010, 01:53 AM

Ovenbird,

I had the same experience. John had not received my email that I sent on 8 January, and I did remember getting a virus message from the BNT website, something about the rogue warrior virus.

Anyway, I resent the email through the Pantanal Tours website (they are indeed the same company and BNT used to trade as Open Door) and we kick-started the email process again. I'll be booking Iguazu and Rio accommodation later this week...

Cheers,

Pol
Old Jan 17th, 2010, 02:32 AM

Ovenbird, thank you very much for the information concerning the BNT website. I am very happy to use their services since 2006 and was just about to send them a demand of prices for next July. I did it through pantanaltours.com
Four days ago, going on their website, I had a virus message about infostealer.gampass

Pol, you will be at Barranco Alto next July, when will it be?
I will be there from 23 to 29, we might cross paths. It will be my fifth stay at BA. Lukas and Marina are now friends and I am trying to go there every year. Before going there I will go about 8 days in the North, focusing this trip on the search for jaguar. Indeed, I've been already four times in Pantanal without seeing a jaguar.

Mike
Old Jan 18th, 2010, 09:13 PM

Hi Mike,

we will be at Barranco Alto from 9-13 July when we fly to Cuiaba to stay 8 nights in the Northern Pantanal (Rio Clara, Porto Jofre Hotel and Pousada Alegre.)

Do you recommend transfers from Sao Paulo airport to hotels, or is an airport shuttle OK to get us to a hotel and back to the airport. I speak no Portuguese but do hope to do a 10 week Spanish course starting in March so I can communicate in other South American countries.

Cheers,

Pol
Old Jan 19th, 2010, 04:14 AM

Pol--We took the shuttle to the airport Marriott without any problems.
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 09:14 AM

Pol,

I cannot give any advice on the airport shuttle, I never stayed one night in Sao Paulo.

We might cross paths in the North.

Mike
Old Jan 21st, 2010, 12:19 AM

@Marija

thanks, I've asked John to book the Marriott as it is so close.

@ Mike,

it would be good to meet a Fodorite in the Pantanal and compare sightings and notes.

Cheers,

Pol