Search

Bariloche vs Patagonia in October

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bariloche vs Patagonia in October

Please help!

Trying to put together a trip and curious what people think between these two regions... 4 nights regardless of location.

If Bariloche, what activities do you suggest?
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 07:59 AM

Activities in Bariloche are mainly walking. Exploring Cerro Catedral and Cerro Otto are great options to experience and appreciate the stunning Andean landscapes. You will also be able to enjoy two beautiful lagoons: Schmoll and Toncek. Toncek lagoon is surrounded by wonderful granite spires which attract climbers from around the world.
The staff from your hotel should also advise you on this and any other activities in the area.
Bariloche is also a peaceful and remote spot, perfect for relaxation!

Concerning Patagonia, is quiet a big area. Southern Patagonia being for me the best and most emblematic: from glacial lakes to icebergs to mountains and dry grasslands. The birdlife is incredible, from the Austral parrots perched in dwarf beech forests to the condors soaring high over the mountain peaks. I'd highly recommend you Torres del Paine National Park.
You will generally find an incredibly warm welcome – it will just be delivered in a way with which you are unlikely to be accustomed.

Here may I provide you a guide to Patagonia: http://www.pura-aventura.com/guide-to/patagonia
Old Feb 18th, 2013, 08:19 AM

Aside from weather considerations - a bit early in the season for Patagonia, but not impossible - I would consider the time you have available. Patagonia requires more than 4 nights as moving from place to place is usually by bus and distances are great. Bariloche has many outdoor activities, boat trips on the lake to other locations and more shops selling chocolate than you have ever seen. Good weather isn't guaranteed in October but should be alright.
Old Oct 1st, 2013, 01:17 PM

What did you end up choosing? Have the same decision to make, spending a few nights in B.A, few in Mendoza and then debating whether to get down to Bariloche or further south... pluses of Patagonia seem offset by the travel to get there...