argentinian pesos

Feb 14th, 2018, 09:58 AM
Original Poster

argentinian pesos

We are traveling to Argentina and would like to bring pesos with us. We have contacted both B of A and Chase and neither of them offers that currency. Any suggestions for other sources that do not charge an arm and a leg?
Feb 14th, 2018, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by bobabe View Post
We are traveling to Argentina and would like to bring pesos with us. We have contacted both B of A and Chase and neither of them offers that currency. Any suggestions for other sources that do not charge an arm and a leg?
Bring USD and use a money changer at the airport when you first arrive, assuming you are flying. The reason you are having no luck is that there is virtually no demand for that currency, at least that was what I was told at one of the currency offices in downtown Los Angeles. They would provide but had to be ordered ahead of time so we didn't bother. The hotel my friend was at did some exchange for him and I found a ATM (HSBC) that gave me $100 USD worth with about a 9% commision...
Feb 15th, 2018, 01:28 AM

Good advice above. Bring cash dollars and change them at the airport´s Banco Nación branch. Have a great time in my country, bobabe.
Feb 17th, 2018, 02:12 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much. We will actually be coming by ferry from Uruguay Is there a bank at the ferry terminal?
Feb 17th, 2018, 03:46 PM

You should be able to get a few Argentine pesos in Uruguay, to pay for your cab and that kind of thing. Then, find a good place to exchange in BA.

Be wary of the cabs at the ferry terminal. If you don't have much luggage, walk out to the street and hail a cruising cab. DO NOT, repeat DO NOT, board any cab which does NOT have the driver's data hanging from the front seat. Radio taxis are only more reliable if you CALL for them, as that creates a record of which one picked you up.

Have a great time in my town, bobabe.

Last edited by avrooster; Feb 17th, 2018 at 03:46 PM. Reason: missed a word
Feb 18th, 2018, 05:20 AM
Original Poster

Great advice about the cab. Thank you!

Search this Thread