Search

Argentina advice?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Argentina advice?

This is our first trip to Argentina. We will be in BA in October for 4-5 days, and 2 nights in Iguszu Falls. What one other city is a "must see"? Mendoza? Cordoba? We are interested in archeticture, food, crafts, and wine. Any great hotel recomendations would be appreciated also. Would rather not rent a car, so maybe a tour somewhere out of one of those cities? And any interesting small hotel reccomendations would be appreciated! We are a couple of mid 50's travelers. Thaks for any advice!
Old Jul 26th, 2009, 03:23 AM

You could consider adding Salta to your itinerary. This city/region is nowadays connected to Iguazú with a direct flight (www.andesonline.com). In Cafayate (Salta) they make great wines, especially the white torrontés ones are a real treat. In Salta itself are enough local travel agencies who can organize you some tours.

The Mendoza region would also be a good option, but more difficult to reach from Iguazú (you would have to fly back to Buenos Aires first).

Enjoy,

Jan
Old Jul 26th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Original Poster

Jan,
thanks for the suggestion. I think we will take your advice!
Salta sounds like it will be really interesting.
Old Jul 27th, 2009, 09:51 AM

Other must see cities would be Mendoza or the NW. Córdoba is not really worth it specially if you are interested in wines.
As mentioned in the previous post Salta would be a great option. As for Mendoza, this is the wine country, there you can stay at Chacras de Coria and take wine tours according to your preferences.

Have a nice trip!
Old Jul 27th, 2009, 12:24 PM

Hello,
I would also recommend Salta, my parents loved it when they came to visit and you could explore the nearby town of Jujuy too... another option could be a day tour to Colonia or Montevideo in Urguguay, its about a 3 hour journey, there are lots of tours from BA and its nice to get an impression of Uruguay too! If not, you could go somewhere closer to BA such as Tigre - nature reserve about an hour away or a gaucho town called San Antonio de Areco where you'll get an idea of the native culture and its in the countryside (about an hr and a half away)... for BA just make sure you see a Tango!!

Have a good trip!!
Old Jul 27th, 2009, 05:14 PM

In my opinion, you should not miss the NW of Argentina. "interesting archeticture, food, crafts, and wine" are the strongest points of this area. The culture, the sceneries, the weather, the warm of peopl are other "condiments" of this area which will amke your stay comfortable, and unforgettable!
Cafayate, our wine area is really scenic and the dramatic changes will amaze you. Purmamarca, the Salt fLats and Tilcara will make you feel in a different world. I am comfident you will really appreciate the beaty of the area.
After you come, I am sure you will become a fan.
Best regards,
Flintstones...