Getting to the Falls from BsAs

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cruise will be leaving from BsAs and plan to arrive a few days early and see the Falls. Any suggestions about tour operators, or just booking flights/hotels etc. on my own.
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 02:50 PM

I suggest you use the search feature of the TA Argentina forum http://tinyurl.com/nw9f4 to research Isabel, a local independent travel agent.

If you like what you read, contact her.

Have a great time in our country.
Old Apr 17th, 2011, 04:14 PM

I think you could book your own flight and hotel easily enough.
You can stay In the park at the Sheraton ( which is the most expensive option) but it also puts you right there .. with views from some rooms of the falls.
Or you can stay outside of the park and use shuttles , tour guides etc.
Friends of ours just book at the Sheraton, fly there, stay usually one or 2 nights at most and fly back to BA. Easy.
Old Apr 18th, 2011, 05:32 AM

From a previous post of mine:

We had a very good experience with WOW Argentina, particularly on our trip to Iguazu Falls. When you have them arrange your trip, you are buying service. Let me explain what I mean. When we were departing Iguazu Falls, there was some sort of mechanical problem that actually required our plane to return to the airport shortly after takeoff. We were delayed about 3 hours and I was quite concerned about getting back to BA that night, missing the driver (arranged by WOW Argentina) waiting for us in the airport arrivals area, and having our hotel reservation canceled because we were no-shows. I was able to persuade an Aerolineas ticket agent to call Cintia Stella on her cell phone (provided to us for 24/7 emergencies). Cintia reassured me by saying that she was already aware of the delay, knew that we would definitely be departing that evening and had informed our driver and the hotel of our revised schedule. Needless to say, I was much relieved and everything worked out, just as she said it would. I can only imagine how difficult it would have been to try to deal with this mess myself and not speaking any Spanish.

Old Apr 18th, 2011, 03:24 PM

Absolutely book on your own; there is very little value add that a tour operator could provide. Fly to Iguazu, taxi to your hotel, go to falls. Very simple.
Old Apr 19th, 2011, 12:29 AM

Totally agree with krgystn, it is easy to DIY and there is little a travel agent can add to the process or the experience.
Old Apr 19th, 2011, 01:23 PM

We visited both sides of IgauzzuFalls - and the towns and the bird farm etc. with no Travel Agent assistance. It just never occured to us to have one for this trip...and we certainly did not need one.

In brief, I agree with Crellston and Krgystn and Scarlett.

You might check out Trip Reports on IF here and on Trip Advisor/Argentina

~MarnieWDC
Old Apr 20th, 2011, 04:34 AM

I just re-read the OP's post:

"Cruise will be leaving from BsAs and plan to arrive a few days early and see the Falls."

So, fitting in a visit to Iguazzu Falls with a few days visit to BsAs may not be realistic. Perhaps the OP did not realize the distances between BA and Missiones ? It is a looooong overnight bus ride or an airplane flight - and should include at least one overnight in IF. Can you add a few days to your stay ? Or plan to come another time to explore Argentina ?

A few days in Buenos Aires itself will be lovely, but short.

Enjoy your visit and cruise,

~MarnieWDC
Old Apr 20th, 2011, 06:38 AM

Do everything on your own, it's really REALLY simple, you don't need a tour op for this trip. Just book a flight, taxi to the hotel and then go straight to the falls. You'll save a lot of money and have a wonderful time.