Airfares for travel to Peru

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! I need help with a few questions......
1. Any tips on how to get the best deals on airfares? I would like to have some flexibility as well.....just in case I need to cancel/reschedule my trip.

2. I've noticed quite a few flights have a flight change in Bogota or Panama City. I prefer non-stop flights usually but is this an option that can be considered? How are the airports?

3. What's the best way to book flight tickets for travel within Peru? Cuzco-Lima especially.....any airlines I should keep away from?

Thanks!
Old May 12th, 2010, 06:27 PM

Have done quite a bit of research on SA travel and have traveled to Ecuador - we changed planes in Panama City, but all we did was walk a few gates down and get on another plane. We live in Minnesota and I have never found a non-stop. There may be direct flights from Miami or Los Angeles.

Other than checking regularly, using different booking sites and trying different days there is little magic in getting good deals. It is a lot of hard work, but worth it! The cheapest tickets have lots of restrictions and provide the least flexibility - you have to pay for the ability to change/reschedule.
Old May 13th, 2010, 04:47 AM

You don't say where you're flying from. You'll find non-stop flights from places like Miami, New York, or Houston. From most other places, you'll need to connect somewhere, and it could be in a third country too, like Panama or El Salvador. Both are good options.
Old May 13th, 2010, 05:05 AM

the cheapest are not great and not flexible usually

www.spiritair.com the only econoair

FLL LIM is usually the very cheapest

all the cheap fares can only be changed with steep fees

www.kayak.com/buzz good comp site
Old May 13th, 2010, 05:07 AM

www.traficoperu.com

cheap internal flights

avoid LAN a big rip off 3-5X as much for tourists

than what locals pay...
Old May 13th, 2010, 06:52 AM

You didn't mention where you are originating from. There are no non-stop flights from SF or NY. Our NY - Lima flight was booked on Vayama, stopping in Ecuador (very short layover). The cost was $230 RT from NY - Lima. However, the hotels in NY are $300 per night so we are not saving any money, but we do get to see NY. I booked other flights for my children SF-Lima, stopping in El Salvador (again, very short lay over) for $750 RT. I have also seen very cheap flights from Toronto to Lima occasionally offered. Kayak.com is the best.
Old May 16th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Original Poster

Thanks guys. Sorry for my late response.....

This gives me a lot more websites to check out. I will be traveling from SF. So far the cheapest rates I've observed are on LAN.
Old May 17th, 2010, 06:46 PM

Well I took a nonstop flight from NY to Lima less than two weeks ago so I KNOW they exist with LAN. If you fly off season before mid June the fares will be better.

Within Peru try Taca or see if you can combine the international flight with the domestic. Sometimes it will be a minimal increase. Try Delta, I think.