A most lovely day in Pilar !

Mar 11th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Original Poster

A most lovely day in Pilar !

So, today DH and I had the good fortune to be invited to a dear friend's lovely home in a gated community in Pilar. His wife (usually this is the husband's task, but she is so good at it) made an Asado for us on their terrace, in their gorgeous garden, with a pool. The several meat courses - chorizo, matambrito, colita de cuadril - with beets and salad, followed tasty appetizers and included light drinks and a fine red wine. Helado of choice was a perfect desert. Our host, a serious poster on this Forum, with the pseudo of Av Rooster, was generous and kind. He and his wife were exceptional hosts, and have been good friends for several years: he is a fine ambassador for Argentina to many on Fodors.

This 'Sunday in the country' with Porteño friends was an special opportunity to experience a delightful part of life in Argentina. How fortunate we are !

To add icing to the delectable day - we came home to follow the drums in Parque Las Heras. We had been hearing them, from our balcony, every weekend evening for months, and now we saw them play and watched the spontaneous dancers of multiple generations...it was a treat.
Mar 11th, 2012, 04:11 PM

As most "serious" readers of these pages know, Marnie is my candidate for Chief DE of this forum, with the famous drdawggy as her subordinate.

So, I invited Marnie and Mr. Marnie (LOL!) to discuss over lunch the "requirements" for my continued support of her candidacy for this important position.

Marnie also forgot to say I drove 40 miles into town and back to pick them up at their wonderful apartment in Palermo.

But she doesn't know I would have driven 400 miles for the pleasure of their company!

I had included in this post a long rant against TA, whose censors banned me five years ago for "telling it like it is" (my version), but then decided to delete it, as I felt they just are not worth the trouble.

Obviously, most of this is just kidding, including the following:

Chief DE Marnie: Two "s" in "dessert"! and no spell checking machine is capable of telling you that! ROTFLMAO!!!!
Mar 12th, 2012, 04:26 AM
Original Poster

Gracias, AV. One S or two, the dessert was muy rico.

~M
Mar 12th, 2012, 05:10 AM

Well, it should be, Chief DE MarnieWDC, since you chose it!

BTW, I don't drink, but my DW says that wine you brought was great!
Mar 12th, 2012, 05:42 AM

Chief DE Marnie's thread on TA was deleted!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic..._District.html

Need I say anything more????????????
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:57 AM

Rather unbelievable, really.
anyway, I'm envious, sounds like a wonderful day.
Mar 12th, 2012, 12:52 PM

I figured that would happen. That's the bad part.

The good part is that it is not as bad as on TA. LOL!!